Weston's - Innovative Marine Nuvo Fusion 50 Lagoon

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont worry about it! If only i ordered it a year ago lol I was meaning to ask you, if you had to pick... what would be a close 2nd option now knowing Im unable to get the PLS-50 ?
I think there’s an Icecap model that fits in the second chamber and I’m kind of intrigued by the Fiji Cube skimmers. I also believe that the Tunze 9004dc model will fit in the first chamber which would require some rearranging of filtration media because in my case the in-tank tower would need to be removed. It’s been a while since I’ve really looked at the smaller skimmers, there may be others that would be a good fit that I just haven’t checked out yet.

OP
OP
WestonNanos

WestonNanos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think there’s an Icecap model that fits in the second chamber and I’m kind of intrigued by the Fiji Cube skimmers. I also believe that the Tunze 9004dc model will fit in the first chamber which would require some rearranging of filtration media because in my case the in-tank tower would need to be removed. It’s been a while since I’ve really looked at the smaller skimmers, there may be others that would be a good fit that I just haven’t checked out yet.
Off the top of your head, do you know the max footprint that can fit in the second chamber?

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Off the top of your head, do you know the max footprint that can fit in the second chamber?
1B449527-CAFD-4B25-A226-9C92CAF84968.png

Looks like 4”x3.7”

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thankyou for this !!! You are a wealth of information.
Thanks, I’ve recently been down this particular road so I’ve got a couple of the answers handy. Save that picture, you’ll be surprised how often you’ll want to look at the dims for various things.

OP
OP
WestonNanos

WestonNanos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, Ive made a decision on the skimmer. Since I cant get the PLS-50 im going with the NSK-70 from fiji cube. There isnt a lot of info / reviews out there on these, Im assuming they are pretty new, however Im going to try it because it will fit in the second chamber and I can leave mechanical filtration in the first chamber.

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, Ive made a decision on the skimmer. Since I cant get the PLS-50 im going with the NSK-70 from fiji cube. There isnt a lot of info / reviews out there on these, Im assuming they are pretty new, however Im going to try it because it will fit in the second chamber and I can leave mechanical filtration in the first chamber.

According to their measurements it’s 3.74 x 3.94 and you have a 3.7 x 4 space. I don’t think that model will work. I hope I’m wrong cuz the bigger one will be better but you may have to downsize.

Gawlfa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, out of business!! I’m sorry I steered you down that rabbit hole. At least your protected through PayPal. I really hope someone else picks up that skimmer and puts it on the market, its too good not to be available.
I found this out the hard way as well. I ordered from them about 3 weeks ago to get the PLS-50 Elite II skimmer and the only thing I received was a paypal receipt. I called them and sent many messages with no response. Finally initiated a refund through PayPal.

My IM50 Lagoon arrives soon! Can't wait to get it going.

OP
OP
WestonNanos

WestonNanos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to their measurements it’s 3.74 x 3.94 and you have a 3.7 x 4 space. I don’t think that model will work. I hope I’m wrong cuz the bigger one will be better but you may have to downsize.
I know, its off by 1/25 of an inch lol I should be able to shave something off to make it work.

OP
OP
WestonNanos

WestonNanos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this out the hard way as well. I ordered from them about 3 weeks ago to get the PLS-50 Elite II skimmer and the only thing I received was a paypal receipt. I called them and sent many messages with no response. Finally initiated a refund through PayPal.

My IM50 Lagoon arrives soon! Can't wait to get it going.
Sorry for your loss... what is your plan for a skimmer now?

OP
OP
WestonNanos

WestonNanos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am still trying to figure out what skimmer to buy next. Aquarium gets delivered tomorrow. I have a little time to make a decision.
Im personally trying out the Fiji Cube nsk-70, needs a .04 of an inch modification to fit the second chamber. I will keep you posted on the performance.

OP
OP
WestonNanos

WestonNanos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Version 2 of my filter cups are out now, lol I re designed them so that the water can only flow through the back of the cup, thus using more of the filter floss. I found with the first design, most of the water would just fall through the first set of holes. Its amazing what a $180 3d printer and some free CAD software can do!

Version 1
IMG_2590.jpg

Version 2
IMG_2588.jpg

OP
OP
WestonNanos

WestonNanos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PSA: I just heard back from mode aquariums, on facebook messenger of all places (literally made an account just to message them) ... the companies next door to them even said Mode was out of business... but apparently they are still up and running... barely... I have never had to deal with anything like this before, it is an insane way to run a business.

IMG_2593.PNG

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow... what a strange company, they should really hire someone to get get them back on track.
No doubt. I guess I’m going to have to break down and get a Facebook account so I can messenger them about acquiring a backup pump. If there is a more unreliable vendor in our hobby I don’t know who it could be. Answering questions from the “contact us” tab on their website shouldn’t be this hard. Neither should reaching out to customers whose money they have already taken to let them know there has been a shipping delay and their order will be processed. My skimmer (which was ordered from Cadlights last January before Mode took over) was shipped in a flimsy box with no additional packing protection, which caused it to arrive broken. Hopefully whatever “materials for outgoing shipments” they are referencing is a larger padded box so it arrives in one piece.

Calm Blue Ocean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I had been considering the FijiCube skimmer before I got the CADLights. As you said, not much info on them but the little bit I did find seemed very positive.

No doubt. I guess I’m going to have to break down and get a Facebook account so I can messenger them about acquiring a backup pump. If there is a more unreliable vendor in our hobby I don’t know who it could be. Answering questions from the “contact us” tab on their website shouldn’t be this hard. Neither should reaching out to customers whose money they have already taken to let them know there has been a shipping delay and their order will be processed. My skimmer (which was ordered from Cadlights last January before Mode took over) was shipped in a flimsy box with no additional packing protection, which caused it to arrive broken. Hopefully whatever “materials for outgoing shipments” they are referencing is a larger padded box so it arrives in one piece.

I've been trying to find an alternative pump because I have a feeling getting a replacement out of Mode might be next to impossible. Fortunately, the design of the skimmer (the pump external to the body) means about any brand appropriately sized pump should work, I just need to figure out what that is. Wondering if there is a Sicce skimmer pump or maybe Reef Octopus that might fit. Would love to find an adjustable DC pump, the true holy grail that would make the skimmer perfect.

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had been considering the FijiCube skimmer before I got the CADLights. As you said, not much info on them but the little bit I did find seemed very positive.

I've been trying to find an alternative pump because I have a feeling getting a replacement out of Mode might be next to impossible. Fortunately, the design of the skimmer (the pump external to the body) means about any brand appropriately sized pump should work, I just need to figure out what that is. Wondering if there is a Sicce skimmer pump or maybe Reef Octopus that might fit. Would love to find an adjustable DC pump, the true holy grail that would make the skimmer perfect.
I’m with ya man, I don’t think there’s any model # on the pump body so who knows where it comes from. Theoretically anything that fits the opening should work. DC would be nice but I’d settle for anything reliable that fits. If you find one that works post it up. Who would have thought the elusive Cadlights skimmer pump (and the whole skimmer in some cases) would become the holy grail of the AIO world?

OP
OP
WestonNanos

WestonNanos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I’m with ya man, I don’t think there’s any model # on the pump body so who knows where it comes from. Theoretically anything that fits the opening should work. DC would be nice but I’d settle for anything reliable that fits. If you find one that works post it up. Who would have thought the elusive Cadlights skimmer pump (and the whole skimmer in some cases) would become the holy grail of the AIO world?
I would think that if you put a message into them on facebook, they might get back to you within a month... But that would be pretty cool to make it DC! They got me a tracking number, so we will see when it arrives :)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back