Wet APEX Display Module..

aherre07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well as the title mentions I had the priviledge of unclogging an overflow yesterday (snail) and as I was disassembling the plumbing I happen to knock my diplay module into my Brute with freshly mixed SW. After a few moments of cursing and complaining I rushed to place the display in a bag of rice. I opened it up and left it in the rice for about 5 hours to see if by any chance it would absorb the moisture.

Long story short after 5 hours in the rice I put it back together and plugged it in to the head unit........AND it worked!! All is well and thought I'd share with you all in case this ever happens to you there is hope in getting it to work again..

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear it worked out! When I read the title, that's exactly what I was going to suggest. If it works for cell phones, why not a controller? 1smile1

OP
OP
aherre07

aherre07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, it was actually a small bag of rice that i poured over the display (which i had opened up) in a bowl. I dont know if it was too much or just enough but I sure am glad that it worked out.

theronsta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldnt be surprised if Neptune put a waterbroof coating on their circuit boards just in case that were to happen..they should with the money they cost :p

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 60.8%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back