What’s better?

Morgan Rodgers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Fluval flex 32g looking to grow a mixed reef tank, it is not a super deep around 15 inches, I currently have a marine 3.0 on it, and is not giving enough light to my sps corals, and am looking to upgrade my light no budget. My exact dimensions are 32.5 L x 15.75 W x 39 H

5F6F18B0-462B-41BB-BDD3-AD47B8AF927B.jpeg

Lizbeli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have many options obviously. Do you have a preference to leds or t5s? With leds, I imagine 2 kessils, ai primes, radion 15s would be more than plenty. Im not too versed on led strip lights.

Im curious if you could get away with a ATI 24inx4bulb t5 fixture maybe with a reefbrite or two for extra “pop.”

OP
OP
M

Morgan Rodgers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have many options obviously. Do you have a preference to leds or t5s? With leds, I imagine 2 kessils, ai primes, radion 15s would be more than plenty. Im not too versed on led strip lights.

Im curious if you could get away with a ATI 24inx4bulb t5 fixture maybe with a reefbrite or two for extra “pop.”
I have a preference towards leds and was probably thinking the ai prime 32 HD, the 16 was not big enough for my tank

Lizbeli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im wondering if you would be better off with two 16s compared to a single 32hd. I can’t find much information about spread for the 32’s. I found one poster to tested one on a 24” cube and the par was pretty low imo. Seeing as your tank is almost 3ft, you would have to have the light pretty high for full coverage I think.

OP
OP
M

Morgan Rodgers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im wondering if you would be better off with two 16s compared to a single 32hd. I can’t find much information about spread for the 32’s. I found one poster to tested one on a 24” cube and the par was pretty low imo. Seeing as your tank is almost 3ft, you would have to have the light pretty high for full coverage I think.
The problem with the two 16 hd is that it is not covering the middle of we were to get it, because we can only put it above the pump or off to the two sides, thus not covering the middle where my prize pieces are.

Kodski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think two Kessils on goosenecks would allow you to position and angle the lights to fit your needs. You could probably get by with 160's but if budget is no option I'd recommend the A360x's. I absolutely love mine, the color is stunning. I've got a single light over my 20 gallon long.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back