What’s going on with my sinularia?

Funwithreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had this guy for a while and it has grown tremendously. Usually goes through a sloughing period and then opens up bigger than ever. But the last week or so it’s been closed up and starting to get what looks like some algae on it that won’t blow off with turkey baster. But I’m most concerned about is these little pock marks that are all over the stalk. Pics below. Any help is appreciated!

55DA9304-E421-4AD6-9716-090F2981D473.jpeg 28D1153B-03A2-4955-ACA4-1427A6E860D9.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Seems like inadequate water flow. Direct more flow towards it, not at it and also give it a few gentle bursts with a turkey baster

OP
OP
Funwithreefer

Funwithreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like inadequate water flow. Direct more flow towards it, not at it and also give it a few gentle bursts with a turkey baster
I adjusted the flow so the algae is coming off now. But any idea what those black spots are? They aren’t even really spots, and more like little dimples

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I adjusted the flow so the algae is coming off now. But any idea what those black spots are? They aren’t even really spots, and more like little dimples
My stunner chalice made these all over my sinularia base with sweepers. When I moved the Sinularia away, they went away.

Is there anything close enough to sting it?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
From lack of flow, likely algae or bacterial spores- should be no threat

OP
OP
Funwithreefer

Funwithreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
My stunner chalice made these all over my sinularia base with sweepers. When I moved the Sinularia away, they went away.

Is there anything close enough to sting it
Ironically it started when my flower anemone decided it wanted to sit practically on top of it. So they were touching for a while. Still trying to get him to move.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

Ironically it started when my flower anemone decided it wanted to sit practically on top of it. So they were touching for a while. Still trying to get him to move.
I think it's unlikely a Rfa is responsible for that damage But I suppose anything is possible.

An rfa should be pretty easy to remove from the body of the leather. If you can't gently scrape the foot off, check out the nem Cannon sticky In the anenome section. 1" tube works great for rfa's

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Think I should try dipping it? Problem is he’s attached himself to the rock.
Dipping wont do anything. Brush lightly with a soft toothbrush

OP
OP
Funwithreefer

Funwithreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dipping wont do anything. Brush lightly with a soft toothbrush
Been doing that. Gonna do a water change and just keep brushing him. Seems like some of those black spots come off when I Do but still doesn’t look good. So odd because a few days ago he was really big and open and happy. Havent added anything or done anything to the tank. Kind of came out of nowhere

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back