What’s going on with TankMe USA? Any one having a tank built from them

Tankme USA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning to all. As a matter of fact I was highly considering making a video for social media apologizing to everyone who has taken the time to write me via email,text, FB, IG, MSG, Wapp, etc. but at the end that would generate more comments from all of them and new people trying to reach out and anything I say might be considered as a poor excuse regardless, so I didn’t make it.
Mr. karliefish I sincerely apologize once again and was a pleasure speaking with you on Tue 19th along with 20+ other calls that I returned that day. Same as I told everyone else it will take some time to send back a detailed quote.
I also wanted to thank every single one of you guys that I had the pleasure of building your dream aquariums and said nothing but good compliments about the product that I’ve delivered.
Here is a screenshot picture of my cell phone that shows some emails, voicemails , text .
I hope everyone is well and stay safe!!!.

511B89ED-980B-44C7-90E2-6B9A2B7311A9.jpeg

Tankme USA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was really impressed with TankME USA Custom Aquarium Builders. Their website is shows some really nice high quality tanks. I wrote the owner (Gaston) a very long email describing exactly what I wanted to have him build for me, i.e. a 350 Gallon reef tank. Two weeks went by with no email reply, so I wrote him a second email and another two weeks went by and no response. So finally this week I called him and he answered the phone and told me that he had over 500 emails unanswered. I really wasn’t sure what to think when he told me that. He asked if he could call me back in 30 minutes and three days later I still haven’t received a return phone call. So now I’m wondering if they are going out of business or temporarily shutdown. All their website says is that they are temporarily not taking orders on the internet and to connect them directly - well that hasn/t work well for me. So now I’m trying to decide if I should abandom TankMe USA and start looking for an alternative custom tank builder.

Does anyone know what is going with TankMe USA? Anyone using them currently to have a custom tank built?
Thanks
Good morning to all. As a matter of fact I was highly considering making a video for social media apologizing to everyone who has taken the time to write me via email,text, FB, IG, MSG, Wapp, etc. but at the end that would generate more comments from all of them and new people trying to reach out and anything I say might be considered as a poor excuse regardless, so I didn’t make it.
Mr. karliefish I sincerely apologize once again and was a pleasure speaking with you on Tue 19th along with 20+ other calls that I returned that day. Same as I told everyone else it will take some time to send back a detailed quote.
I also wanted to thank every single one of you guys that I had the pleasure of building your dream aquariums and said nothing but good compliments about the product that I’ve delivered.
Here is a screenshot picture of my cell phone that shows some emails, voicemails , text .
I hope everyone is well and stay safe!!!.

511B89ED-980B-44C7-90E2-6B9A2B7311A9.jpeg

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received my 280 Tankme peninsula and it is gorgeous! Truly a work of art. I asked Gaston if he signed it or would sign it. He’s coming back to deliver the canopy and is going to etch his name on it then. Wonder what number tank mine is? lol, a signature and number is what these pieces of art deserve.
46687E72-EDE4-4917-A3ED-11097B762FF7.jpeg

Well worth the wait and the $$$.
Thank you Gaston. I absolutely LOVE my tank!

Homewrecker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you've ever tried to get a tank built by Reef Savvy(another, smaller custom tank company) you'll know that its not much easier getting a custom tank quote from them either.
Three years ago it took 6 months to get somewhat of a response in regards to some questions I had. All in all, I think they're just understaffed and in high demand. This is somewhat par for the course

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations! A couple more pictures from different angles, if you get the chance. (What are your dimensions?)
I received a detailed quote from Tankme right away and it changed very little...(Only due to me changing my mind on stand cladding).

64”long x
30”wide x34” deep
Lol, yeah, forget about reaching the bottom. :D

Difficult to photograph due to lots of windows and lights. Forgive the reflections.
image.jpg

very difficult to photograph...
image.jpg

OP
OP
K

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you happen to have a pic? Did you also have him do your stand? Thanks!
Here is a video of the completed tank

yes TANKME USA did a very unique custom stand that I collaborated with them on. Gaston made an advertisement video of the completed stand and I've included that here also.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back