What’s happening at the next reef club

duke62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone my name is James Silva. I’ve been in the hobby for over 10 years on Long Island and moved out here 3 years ago. I am happy to see so many reef keepers in the hobby out this way. Right now I’m keeping a 180 sps dominant tank and it’s going great so far. With that being said this next meeting I am hoping to get some nominations for Vice President and treasurer to our club. Let’s get the best people in these positions because this first year we will have a lot of work to do . I will be the acting President for the year until next elections. I will try my hardest to get this club going in a Upward direction. I have experience in reef clubs. I was a active member with LIRA for 8 years and a member of the NY reef club. If I do not live up to your expectations within the year we can vote on another president. I am hoping it won’t come to this lol. We will need everyone’s participation in this club in order for it to be a success. We need reef related donations and live stock for auctions at every meeting. We will need a annual fee for membership. All the proceeds will go directly back into the club. I’m hoping to save enough money to hire world class speakers. I have a few lined up but we need the funds and membership to achieve this. I want to get reef club equipment we can all share like test kits and par meters and other equipment that are expensive for the everyday reefkeeper that use it maybe once every 3 months. It will be shared by all. As for food and drinks I am asking everyone do their part at every meeting to bring something even if it’s a bottle of soda or a 6 pack. Mike is gracious for hosting our meeting the last 2 months. I’m sure it is stressful trying to feed a bunch of people so let’s help him out. We will also be asking other members if they would have a meeting at their homes for a tank tour and a meeting as well. I know my home and tank are open anytime you guys want to have a meeting here and a tank tour. This next meeting we are having a BBQ at mikes home. I know he has chair but can you guys throw a fold up chair in your cars just in case. I am going to hold a QnA to talk about what everyone is looking for in this club and will try and answer all questions. Thank you everyone. Let’s make this the greatest reef club on the north east

Last edited:
OP
OP
duke62

duke62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The help we need is getting members first. I’m trying to put the word out there. But I need a logo so we can print up banners and flyers for us. Once I get that going I can start heading to some shops to advertise for our club. So anyone with some graphic design experience please send me a pm

OP
OP
duke62

duke62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah if this is going to be a successful club like I know it can be we need members and ways to recruit. Best way which in my opinion is better then online is banners and flyers at all LFS shops within 50 miles. We all know people up here shop jersey and NY. Many are not on forums. So most important to me now is getting these banners made and flyers

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back