What’s happening to Acro?

BRS

fachatga

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
it’s fairly new. It’s growing and encrusting nicely but there’s this hole in the side. I did accidentally get some glue on a few spots including this area. There’s a red leafy looking thing attached to it in this hole. Any ideas what’s happening here?
44CC6C24-A551-44DE-ABB4-BFC4E034E2A0.jpeg

Zoanthids
OP
fachatga

fachatga

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Nothing came off in dip. No signs of any worms or bugs. Tiny red thing that looked like a leaf was in the affected area. Really really didn’t look like flatworm. Was too small to get a pic of it. My phone just can’t take pic of something so small I guess. I just cut off the top and put on a new frag plug. Do you think I should just get rid of it all? But whatever was going on it seemed there was a hole forming in the skeleton.
D4484852-9D6E-432E-BFF3-FC451312BC5C.jpeg

Ocelaris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
My guess a spot died and Cyrano built a home. As long as it's growing elsewhere it should over take that spot eventually, although it can be a while.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED lighting
OP
fachatga

fachatga

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Yeah. My gut tells me this was something harmless but I cut it off anyway. I felt it was a safer route to go because I just don’t know enough to be sure it wasn’t something that could spread. It’ll grow again.

BRS

DO YOU CARE WHAT THE CORDS AND CABLES LOOK LIKE AROUND YOUR REEF TANK?

• YES

Votes: 301 58.9%
  • NO

Votes: 37 7.2%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 167 32.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 1.2%
Reef Diaper