Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what it looked like when I got it a week and a half ago
F479AFB4-4616-4CBC-A61F-893D76547AC8.jpeg

It eventually all opened up for the most part besides a few polyps.

This is what it looks like today
8D5023A0-0FAB-44CD-B8A2-A77AD8BF2700.jpeg

Some of the polyps are looking not as vibrant and don’t have all their color. I have noticed that there have been quite a few more polyps that have been growing but I found it strange when I saw some existing polyps not looking as vibrant. Could it be bleaching? Could it be the algae I couldn’t remove that is still on top of some polyps? Could it be the dip that I did? Could it also be due to the fact that I have a little bit of temperature fluctuations every now and then going anywhere from 78-80? Could me not feeding them be an issue? I know they rely mostly on light so I haven’t fed anything and the only food source they get it stuff in the water column. Could it be my lights? They’re the Biocube stock lights. They may be too strong. Could it be that I raised my salinity from 1.024-1.026 and finished a month ago? These are all the possibilities I think that could be going wrong. What do you think?

FYI, I did create another post earlier but the title may have been misleading and didn’t get a lot of traction.

RocksNStuff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has it looked like this? My Zoas seems to have a bad couple of hours every now and then but bounce back. Give it some time if they haven't looked like this for long?

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has it looked like this? My Zoas seems to have a bad couple of hours every now and then but bounce back. Give it some time if they haven't looked like this for long?
I’m currently not at my tank but I just saw this happen yesterday. I’ll have to check later when I get back
Try dipping it with coralxr and see .I the similar issue . Once it dipped it it started to open
I regret the dip that I got but it still works which I’ll consider doing if this issue doesn’t fix. I got KoralMD in the regular version and not the professional version.

yoelf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Temperature fluctuations that small shouldn’t effect nor salinity from from a month ago.
Personally in the pics they look the same just now they don’t look as ticked and started to open.
Lighting and flow are big and check parameters fluctuating parameters and lighting might cause them to look dull.

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Temperature fluctuations that small shouldn’t effect nor salinity from from a month ago.
Personally in the pics they look the same just now they don’t look as ticked and started to open.
Lighting and flow are big and check parameters fluctuating parameters and lighting might cause them to look dull.
It may be lighting if I had to take a guess

JayA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, the lights I have are either on or off since they’re the Biocube stock lights. All my other zoas look great though
try it in a lower light area... mine look like this when I have a) moved it to higher/more direct light on the sandbed or b) changed lighting intensity or amount of time they are on

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back