What’s next for Apex

CaptPatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m trying to decide on a controller/monitor and it’s between an Apex with trident or GHL profilux with Ion director and kh director down the line since the ion can’t test kh as frequently as kh director. I like the GHL because of what it can monitor/test and from what I’ve read people say they have better hardware but apex is more user friendly software. So I’m curious if anyone has heard of any talk about apex coming out with something to compete with Ion director, mainly automated nitrate testing. I realize the trident does kh,ca, and mg so the only real thing that ion does that would be useful for me is the no3 as I’ve never even tested for K. I think an automated no3 and po4 would be very useful. Just wondering peoples thoughts or if they’ve heard what the next big thing for Apex is.

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It wouldn’t surprise me if it was in the works but if we haven’t heard about it then it’s probably at least 2 years away. I don’t have much experience with GHL but I love my apex and I find a lot of the modules very useful

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just went GHL. My second choice was Hydros. I had a Neptune in the 2000's but when recently holding the Apex and the GHL in each hand side by side---by far and away the quality of the build is totally with GHL---Apex feels like a chinsy kids toy and GHL feels like a well made computer.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back