What’s on my fish in the area right before the top fin?

OP
OP
SinkyShippy

SinkyShippy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first clowns died of Brook. One died overnight and the other one looked fine that morning, he was dead within 4 hours or so. I'm not sure there's much you can do tonight. If he's still alive in the morning, he's either going to look terrible cause he has brook or about the same because it's not brook. Hopefully the cleaner shrimp will remove some of the dead tissue and speed the healing process even if it is brook.... Fingers crossed for your fishies. And I wish I had more info I could give. Sorry :(

Thanks. Hoping it’s not brook. It really sucks. It’s been a really rough week. My tank overheated last weekend and two fish and shrimp died. Now my clownfish might have brook. I’d love for this week to just be over.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Hoping it’s not brook. It really sucks. It’s been a really rough week. My tank overheated last weekend and two fish and shrimp died. Now my clownfish might have brook. I’d love for this week to just be over.

My tank over heated earlier in the summer too. We were out of ton for the weekend and the air conditioner went into away mode and the tank got soooo hot. A lot of the corals had babies afterwards. Apparently that happens after a stress event. Hopefully things start turning up for you!

Ike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hang in there, we'll help you get through it!

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do think I see the beginning stages of brooklynella in the photo. It often starts near the dorsal fin.

OP
OP
SinkyShippy

SinkyShippy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do think I see the beginning stages of brooklynella in the photo. It often starts near the dorsal fin.

It’s been 12 hours and I see no changes to my clownfish. Do you still think it could been Brooklynella? Should I treat them?

OP
OP
SinkyShippy

SinkyShippy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update: the clownfish both got a three minute freshwater bath. It looked like there was stuff coming off my female clownfish. They are now in a bucket with rally and kick ich. The DL has been treated with metroplex.

OP
OP
SinkyShippy

SinkyShippy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are they holding up?

They made it. Being treated with Rally and Ich medication. Currently in a five gallon bucket. I’ll be treating the display tank this weekend with metroplex. I just need to set up the air pump and turn off the filtration so it doesn’t get filtered out.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They made it. Being treated with Rally and Ich medication. Currently in a five gallon bucket. I’ll be treating the display tank this weekend with metroplex. I just need to set up the air pump and turn off the filtration so it doesn’t get filtered out.
Did they ever start looking worse?

OP
OP
SinkyShippy

SinkyShippy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did they ever start looking worse?
Wow. Sorry just saw this. They never looked worse than the picture I posted. Almost a month later and they’re going strong. I plan on putting them back in the display tank this weekend. DT has been getting treated with metroplex.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. Sorry just saw this. They never looked worse than the picture I posted. Almost a month later and they’re going strong. I plan on putting them back in the display tank this weekend. DT has been getting treated with metroplex.

Lol... I wasn't convinced there was actually anything wrong with them. Glad they're doing fine!

OP
OP
SinkyShippy

SinkyShippy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol... I wasn't convinced there was actually anything wrong with them. Glad they're doing fine!
Well, I mean, after being treated, the white spot did go away. So it must have been something if not brook right?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back