What’s on my glass?

Jezzess77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I’ve noticed these weird pink dots that almost look like miniature serpent starfish in my tank, I’ve never really notice them before but I’ve also recently taken my fish out of the tank and put my nassarius and strombus snails in there for quarantine, I’ve also noticed my nassarius have been laying quite a lot of eggs and with no fish around to eat them I thought maybe this could also be the snails hatched?
Any help is much appreciated

4A0CB6A3-B853-44B5-89B0-9101C1C98113.jpeg

OP
OP
J

Jezzess77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I know this picture isn’t much better but it’s the best my phone can do, it’s a fairly new tank been up a couple months, are these a bad thing?

Attachments

• 2E84CE06-AD73-4D9D-AA28-C246FE4DB927.jpeg
    2E84CE06-AD73-4D9D-AA28-C246FE4DB927.jpeg
    127 KB · Views: 50

N.Sreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya def hydroids I personally don't have alot of experience with them so Ill defer to #DED65 or whoever else knows how to eliminate the suckers. My personal experience is they disappear eventually but I may have gotten lucky.

OP
OP
J

Jezzess77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya def hydroids I personally don't have alot of experience with them so Ill defer to #DED65 or whoever else knows how to eliminate the suckers. My personal experience is they disappear eventually but I may have gotten lucky.
Yeh I was just doing some reading and i read the same thing that they should just disappear although all the photos I’ve found show their center to be white but the ones in my tank are pink. Hope that’s not worse. Thanks anyway for the help though, much appreciated

DED65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would guess they will go away. I had them in one tank and it took a couple of weeks, but they did go away. They really don't hurt anything, especially with no fish in the tank. There are a couple of treatments you can look for on here, I would wait it out unless it gets out of control.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back