What’s the biggest Angel you’ve seen?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The largest Angel I have ever seen in captivity was a 16” Queen.
In a normal tank the largest one I had ever seen is my 5” melanospilos. I wish I had room for a velvet though.
image.jpg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the biggest Majestic, Regal, Goldflake or Blue Line you’ve seen. Anyone?

Yeah it does seem that some of the Pomacanthus and Holacanthus get really big.
As for regal I think it was a 6 inch specimen, gold flakes and blue lines are rather uncommon to see over here but last time I saw one the largest was a 2/3 inch specimen. Largest majestic must’ve been 6 inch too.

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May have seen bigger when i was a kid but can't remember so this is the biggest i have seen
20220505_125507.jpg

DCR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to help with aquariums at a rainforest Cafe a long time ago. We had French angels that were probably close to 2'
I have seen these in the wild off Cozumel back in the 80's. They are impressive. Some of the divers would carry a can of Cheese Whiz and attract them right up to their face mask.

Tonycass12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen these in the wild off Cozumel back in the 80's. They are impressive. Some of the divers would carry a can of Cheese Whiz and attract them right up to their face mask.
They were fun to swim with and they would follow us around while we cleaned the tanks. Would grab a clump of hair and give your scalp a good tug from time to time lol.

DCR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seen some pretty ugly Huge French Angels lol
Not in the wild. Like many reef fish, they are far more beautiful in their native habitat than in any captive environment. The gold/yellow marks against the black body are spectacular. I often became very depressed when I returned from a dive trip and you see what your fish look like compared to those I had seen on the reef. Especially true of the Queen angel.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not in the wild. Like many reef fish, they are far more beautiful in their native habitat than in any captive environment. The gold/yellow marks against the black body are spectacular. I often became very depressed when I returned from a dive trip and you see what your fish look like compared to those I had seen on the reef. Especially true of the Queen angel.
French and queens are two of the angels I’d love to see in the wild to see their true colours of a proper diet and swim room.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back