What’s the most rare/expensive coral on the market?

reefz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m curious what the rarest and most expensive coral on the market is? Tell me what you think!

TheDragonsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For acros rainbow splice is one of the big ones right now. Picture by sawcjack00
RRC Rainbow Splice (2).jpg

Most expensive zoa is the Stratosphere, picture by sbb corals
stratosphere-watermarked.jpg

Rainbow acanthophyllia are fetching thousands, photo by bsa corals
FB_IMG_1637015836323.jpg

OP
OP
reefz

reefz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For acros rainbow splice is one of the big ones right now. Picture by sawcjack00
RRC Rainbow Splice (2).jpg

Most expensive zoa is the Stratosphere, picture by sbb corals
stratosphere-watermarked.jpg

Rainbow acanthophyllia are fetching thousands, photo by bsa corals
FB_IMG_1637015836323.jpg
Oh I do love some rainbow splice. The stratosphere zoe is ugly IMO. I’d never pay that much for a brown zoe with some yellow lines on it lol

OP
OP
reefz

reefz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This “Purple Monster Jawbreaker Mushroom” Is $10,000! This thing is unreal. I don’t believe that anyone would pay for a coral that’s worth as much as a car. I think this might be the most valuable coral In the world with only a handful that excist. Incredible.
1CD0A7CE-9AE6-4AFB-A347-99A435FAB462.jpeg

a hill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you ever get into the import business you will quickly learn that there are corals sitting in the tanks of people who run these businesses that are probably the rarest in the country. Every 10,000 pieces or so something special usually appears. Maybe its every 100,000 pieces.

Or it could be a coral that was only available for collection for a short period of time, that the average person would never notice.

Things that come to my mind are unusually vivid color examples of common corals especially LPS, hybridization, grafting, wrong colored coral that is actually healthy. occasionally you may see a deep deep deep water coral or sponge or organism that comes up on a trawler and is kept alive however thats excessively rare.

There are also corals that are never publicly listed so to speak and you have to be invited to buy. Thats the same for many things but $10,000+ frags and expensive colonies.

The most expensive coral I know of personally was owned by a guy who self collected a colony. He saw it on his honeymoon and then went back to get a piece legally. whenever you fly around the world to pick a coral yourself, it gets pricy!

Succinctly.
-Andrew

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back