What’s the name of these two corals

feeduall

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please can someone identify the coral. The one with gold splatter specks and the pink one I asume is a blasto but does it have a name

3E8E385D-7375-4EA2-A39A-B88F014512FD.jpeg 2C9385B8-CDD3-4913-A5C6-4CF21DB7700B.jpeg

OP
OP
feeduall

feeduall

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lfs said some kind of favia. To me it’s very smooth and the gold is creamy. I can’t really see any pronounced eyes or feeders. And you can see growth at the base. It’s glows a dark blue / grey. I’m almost thinking chalice. Mystery to me as I know the names of everything else in the tank

Upvote 0

dgk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone identify these two corals. The first one seems to be some sort of bounce mushroom coral. I had mushrooms years ago but they died off then out of nowhere these bubble things started to appear and increase in size and numbers. The second green one started from about the size of the point on a pen, tiny and over the last 3 years has grown to this size seen and multiple frags. Again not sure where it came from. It has wavy very tiny polyps and incredible look under blue lights. I think its a hard coral cause I brought a couple pieces to my brother-in-law those where like 2" pieces and when I picked up felt like I was just picking up a rock. The second pic of it shows it growing up the front of my aquarium viewable glass which takes away from the aquarium by blocking. So first is assuming a hard coral but regardless can i use some sort of cutter to clear its edge off my front glass and if so will it kill or hurt the coral? Thanks so much.

Attachments

• IMG_8897.jpg
    IMG_8897.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_8894.jpg
    IMG_8894.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_8895.jpg
    IMG_8895.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 11
Upvote 0

dgk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok but nothing bad there just simple questions on coral ID which would help me and I think would be helpful to other reefers, but i know rules are rules. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back