What’s the newest / hottest “high end” Acro?

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m new to reefing after 15 years out of the saltwater game, recently a store owner described name coral to me as similar to how they make up names for weed. Like this the green nuclear toxic Zoa etc type names. Do y’all agree? I’m new. My tank is at https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/new-reefer-waterbox-mini-penn-25-loves-to-see-what-y’all-think.806223 would love a review. Thanks everyone
I cant access your link

That store owner sounds like a hater. Named corals have been around for a long time and are here to stay. Green slimer, Oregon tort, sunset montiporas,etc. Ppl didn’t care until the WD and HW hit the scene.

I consider my corals living art. Ppl have a choice to pay or pass on the prices.

Drendo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Roger that same thing happened to mine and Shane sent another and it eventually died as well just happens sometimes with these corals just don’t adapt to captivity
Unfortunately this was my experience, but with a few other of his acros I recently purchased. After spending that kind of money I have decided to stick with corals that have been in circulation for years and give me a better chance of success. Most of the “it” corals of today won’t be around after too long,

Drendo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TCK is another great supplier of healthy and beautiful aquacultured Acros!
Absolutely agree. Everything I have purchased from TCK has done great and if you go back through some of his live sale threads, you can see that many of the TcK lines that he is selling today has been offered for years.

Last edited:

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does everyone think of POTO? Their acro frags seem to have a high price tag but I don't really see any selling on r2r.

Their newest POTO Super Mario looks insane!
I am a fan of POTO. Yeah, their new release stuff can be a bit rich but they otherwise have great pricing. POTO Backdraft is a personal favorite and does not cost a fortune.
cig-cozy-gallery-87335oj-backdraft_50176323598_o-hd.jpg

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely two different versions of RR Rainbow Splice going around both incredible but different I will post a pics tonight when I get home .
There is only one RRC Rainbow Splice. It came from Reef Raft Canada to several vendors in the US including TCK which is where I got mine from. If you can't verify lineage back to RRC then it is not an RRC Rainbow Splice, and it should look something like this:

RRC Rainbow Splice-2.jpg RRC Rainbow Splice Macro.jpg RRC Rainbow Splice POTM.jpg

Last edited:

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is only one RRC Rainbow Splice. It came from Reef Raft Canada to several vendors in the US including TCK which is where I got mine from. If you can't verify lineage back to RRC then it is not an RRC Rainbow Splice, and it should look like this:

RRC Rainbow Splice-2.jpg RRC Rainbow Splice Macro.jpg RRC Rainbow Splice POTM.jpg
Stop it with the watercolor paint brushing. You are inciting trouble around here!
;)

Johnny Slayton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Charlie’s Frags has a new piece he’s calling a “green slimer” and it’s pretty nice.

I’m still on the hunt for a skittles granulosa. Please let me know if any of you have a fraggable piece.

Edit: And a Banana Lokani and 20k Lokani
I had a lokani and it lasted about a week. Was doing great and over night it completely died.

TonyP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SBB Half Baked has been hardy for me. I lost a nice smooth skin Carolina due to Manganese overdose and Half Bake was fine. Half Baked is a slow grower however. I should take a picture of it it when I get some time it's beautiful.
Wanted to see if you had a pic of your SBB Half Baked? I've been trying to get a frag of it or BKCHEM Jumanji for the longest time.

Rick5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to see if you had a pic of your SBB Half Baked? I've been trying to get a frag of it or BKCHEM Jumanji for the longest time.
A board member keeps buying them all. I’m not sure why. He already has eight pieces of the same coral. He keeps them in his scrap tank. @Scott b knows who he is.

TonyP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i agree with you @thewire and the extreme high prices takes some fun out of the hobby. That being said, i'm only after Half-Baked/Jumaji/Capt. Cozier because of the way it looks. I didn't realize how rare it was until I tried to find it. I would definitely (and prefer) to buy the similar species, unnamed acro at a lower price. I just can't find or know of anything else like it.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for saving me...one day I'll find and get that acro, even if it's just a nub!
Those two are always stirring up trouble.

I haven't seen either of those in a while either. You could FB message BKChem to see if he knows where you might find Jumanji.

Back