What’s the right power head for a 144 gal semi circle tank?

RZChowdhury

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 144 gal semi circle and I’m struggling with getting the right power head. I had a xf250 gyre but horizontally it messes up the sand and vertically it’s way to powerful. Can I hear from 144 gal owners, how did you set up your flow?

DC Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 144 gal semi circle and I’m struggling with getting the right power head. I had a xf250 gyre but horizontally it messes up the sand and vertically it’s way to powerful. Can I hear from 144 gal owners, how did you set up your flow?
I have a 105gallon half cylinder and flow is a real pain. On my first build with the tank (sand bottom) I ran two adjustable tunze pumps and with a lot of work was
able to get the flow ok. On my current build I am running bare bottom. I have two of the small gyres horizontal on the bottom and two of the tunze 6105s running on a pulse. One is mounted about middle of the tank and pointed about 135 degrees towards the surface. The other is 90degrees towards the front glass. It is a. Iced reef so trying not to blast anything.

OP
OP
R

RZChowdhury

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 105gallon half cylinder and flow is a real pain. On my first build with the tank (sand bottom) I ran two adjustable tunze pumps and with a lot of work was
able to get the flow ok. On my current build I am running bare bottom. I have two of the small gyres horizontal on the bottom and two of the tunze 6105s running on a pulse. One is mounted about middle of the tank and pointed about 135 degrees towards the surface. The other is 90degrees towards the front glass. It is a. Iced reef so trying not to blast anything.
Thank you. Can you post a pic of your tank set up?

DC Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some photos. Sorry about the glare image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back