What’s the status of Vertex?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to several posts here on R2R as well as on other forums, the Vertex Cerebra beta tester forum has disappeared, the slack channel for it has disappeared, emails are going unanswered and no one is answering the phone when you call Vertex directly (I tried calling them myself a few days ago and the call rolled directly to a message saying the voicemail box was full.)

Earlier today a user made this post of some outside communication stating that Vertex is now defunct. Does Bulk Reef Supply have any information about the status of Vertex as a company? There’s a lot of rumor and speculation going around but no actual information.

* Note - I posted a similar thread/question on the Marine Depot forum

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, we don't have any other information to add. Truth is, we don't know. Like you mentioned, there is a lot of rumor going on right now. Out of respect for the people involved and the livelihoods at stake, we'd rather not speculate, but are awaiting more information. Hopefully we'll have some good news to share in the coming weeks.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an update to share. Unfortunately, it's not so good news. We've been informed that Vertex is no longer in business. I know there are a multitude of reefers that will be disappointed about this news for various reasons and we are too. They've been a brand that we've carried for years, so it's going to be a little weird not seeing them listed on the site any longer.

For those who have purchased Vertex gear from us- While we can't commit to covering their full manufacturer warranty (lack of parts being a main issue), we're going to do our very best to help out any customers that have purchased Vertex products and are in need of assistance. If you find yourself in that group, please don't hesitate to reach out to our customer service team.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
And i too just purchased what may have been one of last CA reactors out there and concerned about spare parts - mainly replacement skimmer pump

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back