What’s the wavemakers for peninsula tank?

What is the best wavemaker for a peninsula tank?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, thinking of getting a peninsula tank (thank you BRS360 for the inspiration).. now the issue is that the classic MP40/60 would be right in front of your face unless you do something like Ryan did on the 360.. but then I am not sure that would be enough.. what do you think?

OP
OP
CEReefer

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I apologize.. Can't seem to be able to edit the title, it is obviously wrong and marked as emergency which is obviously not.. (silly iphone)

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, thinking of getting a peninsula tank (thank you BRS360 for the inspiration).. now the issue is that the classic MP40/60 would be right in front of your face unless you do something like Ryan did on the 360.. but then I am not sure that would be enough.. what do you think?

#MODS could you drop the emergency tag for him?

As to the question, I would say an internal (No holes in the tank) closed loop and a closed loop over the top if you are planning a canopy with WaveMakers on the overflow side...

Last edited:

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the P-Club...lol. Check out the linked thread below. A lot of discussion on flow in a peninsula tank.

Personally I used a Gyre mounted on both ends for years. I did however just switch to MP40's on either end. Although I hate seeing a pump on the view end, I am used to it now and it's not horrible.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 76 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back