Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
is it just on one side of the one fish?
is the fish showing any other symptoms?
Here is a link to other background information that is helpful for us to know;
Jay
Yes its just on one side and everything else is normal about it its just has that pink stuff on it, also all my water parameters are normal and my salinity is at 1.025

Upvote 0

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes its just on one side and everything else is normal about it its just has that pink stuff on it, also all my water parameters are normal and my salinity is at 1.025

I don't quite see what what you are calling "pink". There is the lesion that is either mucus, or damaged skin. I think the "pink" color is the normal orange color showing through the white mucus.

Since it is only on one side, you can rule out protozoan diseases such as Brooklynella....they would be more randomly spread across the fish's body.

I see a notch in this fish's dorsal fin, and the pelvic fins look damaged. That would lead me to believe that it is getting picked on, probably by the other clownfish. Clownfish are really sly - they often won't fight while you are in the room. I would try setting your phone up to video them and then leave the room. When you watch the video, you may not see outright attacks, but watch for rushes, even if the one clown doesn't make contact. People don't realize but it really only takes one or two actual bites each day for this sort of damage to build up like this. Even with the video trick, you may not catch them in the act.

Jay

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

leo12345

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't quite see what what you are calling "pink". There is the lesion that is either mucus, or damaged skin. I think the "pink" color is the normal orange color showing through the white mucus.

Since it is only on one side, you can rule out protozoan diseases such as Brooklynella....they would be more randomly spread across the fish's body.

I see a notch in this fish's dorsal fin, and the pelvic fins look damaged. That would lead me to believe that it is getting picked on, probably by the other clownfish. Clownfish are really sly - they often won't fight while you are in the room. I would try setting your phone up to video them and then leave the room. When you watch the video, you may not see outright attacks, but watch for rushes, even if the one clown doesn't make contact. People don't realize but it really only takes one or two actual bites each day for this sort of damage to build up like this. Even with the video trick, you may not catch them in the act.

Jay
If it’s getting picked on what can i do?

Upvote 0

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now the fish is covered in the “pink stuff” and white little dots on both sides, do you know what this could be?
39CDBEDE-7AED-4C39-A1A6-B6FC78605B2E.jpeg
DE81BC92-ED24-4696-B549-9059C3C9CB24.jpeg
7216BC5D-52AE-4002-9445-8B21C2D21AB6.jpeg
Is the other fish 100% symptom free? If so, that would tend to push the diagnosis away from a protozoan disease (since this started a week ago). If both fish have spots then I would isolate the fish from each other in a treatment tank and treat with an anti protozoan drug. I don’t see classic Brooklynella, but it doesn’t look like ich either. The underlying damage may be clouding the symptoms.
It is a toss up between using copper or formalin, but the latter is difficult to obtain.
Jay

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

leo12345

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the other fish 100% symptom free? If so, that would tend to push the diagnosis away from a protozoan disease (since this started a week ago). If both fish have spots then I would isolate the fish from each other in a treatment tank and treat with an anti protozoan drug. I don’t see classic Brooklynella, but it doesn’t look like ich either. The underlying damage may be clouding the symptoms.
It is a toss up between using copper or formalin, but the latter is difficult to obtain.
Jay
The other fish is completely fine and there both acting normal, the only thing thats been a little different lately is that they have been separating a lot and they usually always swim together.

Upvote 0

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other fish is completely fine and there both acting normal, the only thing thats been a little different lately is that they have been separating a lot and they usually always swim together.
Well, it comes down to a guess/judgement call on your part I think. Clownfish often stop getting along together, but this doesn’t look like aggression to me though….but keep a close eye on them for fighting.
Jay

Upvote 0

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back