What’s this stuff? Week 3 fishless cycling

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Every one who uses dr. Tims always has false reading for ammonia. If you have diatoms it is cycled. Like he said 100 % rodi water change and add a fish . Let's get this party started.
I just just tested about 20 tanks over the last 2 months. Dr Tims 'overdoses ammonia' - based on their recommendations - the tests themselves are not correct. the truth of the matter is - that the amount of free ammonia at pH 8 - is quite small if there is an elevated reading. Which IMHO does not make it a 'false reading'.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a 125 gallon reef . I started it with Dr.Tims one and only . I put a large bottle in and the next day 13 fish two have died over the last year. I believe that a green chomis was sick when I got him and nasso tang I could not get to eat. He lasted 10 days but the rest are very healthy.
There are people that use Dr Tim's ammonia - along with Dr. Tim's bacteria - and others. I agree with in general - if you follow the instructions - You will not have a problem. Many people do not. Either in the bacteria - nor the testing

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back