What’s up guys ! New to the group

Adventures In Reefing

Semper Fidelis
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
R2R WELCOME.jpg
I vote for clean it and now I feel like a hypocrite so I am cleaning mine...NOOOOOO!!!!!!

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nitrate and nitrites are at 0
I would suggest also to balance out your nutrients, with having your nitrates around a 2 to 5 ppm and you phosphate around .03 or lower if you nitrates are lower. This will cut down on nuisance algae in your total system.

Most system are still cycling up to the year point and go through mini cycles through out the systems life by the change we make. :)

OP
OP
Christian Gomez

Christian Gomez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard! I say clean it. By the way, how is the filter pad working out? Does it get clogged quickly and have to be replaced?

I replace it every 2 weeks it also becomes a algae pad since the refugium light hits it but it does collect quit a bit of junk I’m thinking of adding a filter sock soon

OP
OP
Christian Gomez

Christian Gomez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suggest also to balance out your nutrients, with having your nitrates around a 2 to 5 ppm and you phosphate around .03 or lower if you nitrates are lower. This will cut down on nuisance algae in your total system.

Most system are still cycling up to the year point and go through mini cycles through out the systems life by the change we make. :)

How would I go about doing that?

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How would I go about doing that?
Feed, Feed, the more the fish eat, the more nitrates the fish product through there fish waist. once you nutrients are balanced the work off of each other for the good of your system.

OP
OP
Christian Gomez

Christian Gomez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feed, Feed, the more the fish eat, the more nitrates the fish product through there fish waist. once you nutrients are balanced the work off of each other for the good of your system.

I might have to add more fishes then lol it’s a 80g
1 purple tang
1 white tail bristletooth
2 clowns

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might have to add more fishes then lol it’s a 80g
1 purple tang
1 white tail bristletooth
2 clowns

One maybe two more fish would help with the nitrates and also keep the nitrites at 0 by eating left over food.

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! You’ve already figured out that you will get lots of opinions. That’s because there are lots of ways to successfully run a reef tank. I personally vacuum detritus from my sump once or twice a year. On my old sump, I had it plumbed so that the bottom of the sump was drained every water change. Both work. Again, welcome.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back