32E5019F-7635-47F3-B011-99DF23E74B2B.jpeg
    164.6 KB · Views: 58

Levi Nicolas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Olá a todos! Recentemente minha elegância também mostrou sintomas dessa doença, então ontem eu mergulhei em água doce e iodo e depois do banho, ele soltou muito muco e estava bem fechado, então essa manhã ele abriu melhor e fez um vídeo dele. Com o passar do tempo eu atualizo aqui, se você quiser

Translation: Hello everyone! Recently my elegance also showed symptoms of this disease, so yesterday I doused in fresh water and iodine and after the shower it released a lot of mucus and it was tightly closed, so this morning it opened better and made a video of it. Over time I update here, if you want

Nota: como eu não tenho um aquário de quarentena, eu tive que colocar a elegância de volta no aquário e para aliviá-la da luz, eu fiz uma gambiarra para fornecer sombra a ele

Translation: Note: as I don't have a quarantine tank, I had to put the elegance back in the tank and to lighten it, I made a workaround to provide shade for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
It is associated with water quality. Mine is larger than a soccer ball and started as a baseball size. They required moderate light and water flow. When flow is a little too strong, in many cases, a white opaque mucus-like web is present and then feeding responses decline and tentacles are no longer sticky or able to easily capture prey items, even non-motile particulate material. The coral's tissue eventually shrinks, and the elegance goes downhill.
Center of tank seems best again under moderate light and flow, salinity 1.025, mag 1300, CA 440, temp at 77-79 and ph 8.1-8.3
I keep my nitrates under .5

Here is mine:

600g progress d.jpg

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ECS - esp if the tentacles start to turn stubby.

I had it a few years ago and dispite all my research for treatment,, it slowly died over a 2 month period.. based on my research at the time - there is no known effective treatment, or even complete understanding of the cause.

Does your coral have the "cone" shaped bones? It seems that they are sometimes more susceptible to ECS.

Treatments that claimed that had worked includes: fw dips, antibiotic dips, moving to low light/flow, and pray to a diety of your choosing.
However all these evidence of effective treatment have been anecdotal.

You can try Google, or @ReefSquad , in case there are newer information on this
Been there and doing that!

Levi Nicolas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's bad here too... it only opens with the light in the morning when the lights are off and when I turn it on it closes and only opens when I turn off the lights, I'm thinking about taking a dip again.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 67 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back