What’s your embarrassing/can’t believe I’d did that moment

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering if anyone out there has done something that when you look back you say I can’t believe I did that.

I am doing stuff all the time that leaves my wife wondering how I function at all.

These following are true, real life .......

I once thought I lost my phone and was looking for it frantically when I realized I was on it. I had my shoulder holding it.

I once lost my keys in my car for 4 days. I searched the car 4 times. I had to use my spare keys until one day I found them under a gym bag.

I’m sure I can come up with more

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also built a new diy sump and completely forgot that the original sump won't for our the cabinet door. I had put it in before the display went on. That was a "great" two hours of taking the equipment out then putting it back

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have to write a book
chapters include

I locked the door now where are my keys
Adventures with superglue
Oh this is your truck sorry
Now where did I park again?
Jill where is my....................
Breaking your foot playing with the dog (alternatively "Kicking the planet Earth)
Letting the dough rise ALL day. (The flour volcano experiment)
The pan is on fire

Rjukan

Day Dreamer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was an intern at a recording studio in Manhattan back in the late 90s. There was a older married couple that would come in and record duets, I think she was a performer back in the 60s or 70s. Anyway I was there for maybe a month or 2 when they invited the studio owner and I out for dinner after a recording session. It was totally spur of the moment, I was 24 and out of my element at a nice restaurant near the studio in Union Square. So we sit down and things are going well, I can't remember what I ordered but it was something that needed ketchup. My go to move with ketchup is to shake the bottle first to get rid of the juice that rises to the top when it hasn't been used. Well, turns out the top wasn't screwed on and went flying off when I started shaking it, I got ketchup all over, everyone at the table got hit... it was horrifying.

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to the gym and worked out. On the way back to the parking lot couldn’t find my keys. Looked all over the gym, had workers helping me. Walked back outside and realized my car was still running. I had got to the gym and never turned the car off!! [emoji2359]

Sad note. [emoji22]Use to breed and sell Berta’s when I was a kid. Was cleaning the breeder tank while explaining to my grandma all about taking care of fish and I had scalding hot water in the bowl to clean with (old way of doing it) and I accidentally scooped up my prize Betta and dumped him in the hot water. Nursed him for a few days but he didn’t make it. I left the fish hobby for years after that and got into bird breeding. Got back into it after Vet school and before Med School. Now I can’t stop... lol #addictive

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember growing up I loved raw onions, still do today.

I thought my mom was copping onions, yeah, she was peeling garlic. Popped a clove in my mouth and started chewing, thinking it was an onion. Oh man was that terrible!! Almost vomited everywhere!!

OP
OP
Mastiffsrule

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to the gym and worked out. On the way back to the parking lot couldn’t find my keys. Looked all over the gym, had workers helping me. Walked back outside and realized my car was still running. I had got to the gym and never turned the car off!! [emoji2359]

Sad note. [emoji22]Use to breed and sell Berta’s when I was a kid. Was cleaning the breeder tank while explaining to my grandma all about taking care of fish and I had scalding hot water in the bowl to clean with (old way of doing it) and I accidentally scooped up my prize Betta and dumped him in the hot water. Nursed him for a few days but he didn’t make it. I left the fish hobby for years after that and got into bird breeding. Got back into it after Vet school and before Med School. Now I can’t stop... lol #addictive

Sorry about the betta.

I love the bird breeding. I have a yellow collard macaw 8 years old I raised from a featherless chick.

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well..... I once accidentally ate some dishwasher detergent.....Had to call Poison Control....”Excuse me, Miss, how old are you?”

“32”

Long story.

So nobody has asked??? Taste? Drunk? Swallow? Did you burp bubbles?

Seawitch

Water, water everywhere,
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Mastiffsrule @WVNed , don't feel badly. Losing keys? losing the remote? I do that stuff every day!!

The funniest thing I've seen in years was when my husband accidentally drove over his favorite kitchen garbage can with our pickup and flattened it like a pancake. I laughed until I cried. It was outside because I had washed it, and it was drying in the sun. He was so sad....he punched it out, got it back in shape, and fixed it with duct tape. Still using it.

Seawitch

Water, water everywhere,
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So nobody has asked??? Taste? Drunk? Swallow? Did you burp bubbles?

It's such a long story. I like to drink chocolate milk with Nestles Quik, but I leave the powder in the bottom--I don't mix it up. So one night when the kids were little, I made a glass of milk, and took one of the kid's straws out of the dishwasher. It was some hard plastic kiddie straw.

So, I was trying to get milk up that straw, but nothing would come out. Finally I got some crunchy stuff in my mouth, chewed it, swallowed, and thought, "boy, that Quik must be stale or dried out." Sucked and got more crunchy stuff. Then spit it out and realized that it wasn't Quik. It was dishwasher detergent stuck in the straw. Then I started to get panicky. Two little kids asleep in bed, single mom....Anyway, I called Poison Control and after a long humiliating conversation they told me to drink a gallon of water over the next 4 hours and forget about it.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 48 34.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 45 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back