• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

What’s your experience with saltwaterfish.com

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s your experience but more importantly what does their WYSWYG policy truly means?

(I am just using this mushroom rock for example). I will get the entire rock of mushroom not just one mushroom correct? But the policy just stating that my order will be selected from one of five mushroom rocks in a similar fashion and send to me?

“1. Photography that shows more than 1 individual product in the picture are "Select EIBI" products. We select a group of up to 5 comparable specimens for the EIBI photography. You will receive one of the specimens, not the entire grouping. Selecting an individual specimen within the group is not available at this time. One of the group will be chosen for you. These EIBI products are equal in quality and value, and this method allows us to offer significantly more products to you at a much lower cost than uploading individual specimens.

B6EC2FF7-F088-4060-9932-D10A35EB4689.jpeg

ariellemermaid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I order from saltwaterfish.com every couple of months. I usually choose them over liveaquaria because of the “upgrade freebie” plus better prices on cleanup crews. I’ve had a great experience. Always well packaged, and great customer service when I’ve occasionally received sick fish or coral that doesn’t look healthy.

Regarding the WYSWYG - when several separate* pieces are pictured, you do not receive all of the coral shown. You receive one of the pieces shown. They are essentially showing you what their stock looks like without guaranteeing which specific piece pictured. Since the picture above seems to be one fully connected piece, I would expect you’d receive the whole thing. They have a live chat option on their website — I would just ask if you have questions before you order.

Frags are typical frag plug size. Their size medium coral is fairly big in my experience - I recently received one around 5-6” long covered in coral. I’ve never ordered size large from them, I just can’t bring myself to pay those prices for coral.

Their prices change frequently and vary greatly. Some items are grossly overpriced; other items can be found at a steal. Also, their stock fluctuates from in and out of stock quickly. Sometimes items sell out while I’m filling my cart, which I find annoying.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back