What’s your fav fast splitting and crazy colorful soft coral at the top of your tank?

Stv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is looking amazing and I’m a newb and wanted to see if there’s a high par coral with amazing contrast that spreads fairly quickly to add to my tank? Thanks in advance mentors!!!

fyi. Biocube with AI prime upgrade set to popular settings for softies. . Looking to fill this top rock with amazing and fast splitting color?

8F2509AE-DF47-44C1-85FA-47CCE71AB3EC.jpeg

BlennyTime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Duncans and frogspawn/branching hammer are fast growing, or cyphastrea if you are looking for something encrusting. All will tolerate higher PAR.

Or if you are looking for a soft coral, there are a lot of pretty high-contrast clove polyp corals out there. Lots of zoanthids spread quickly as well, if you wanted to do a garden.

Dkmoo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you say "high par" what number r u talking about?

Duncan/hammer/frogspqwn can tolerate "high par" in LPS sense. Probably 100 to 150, if that's considered "high". Cyphastrea will burn at those levels. They best start at 50 par.

Most softies do not require a lot of light. 100 to 150 will be considered too high.

Most mixed reef do not consider 150 as "high" bc once you introduce SPS onto the mix, you are talking about 300-600PAR where all the corals mentioned above will be places on the bottom of the tank or in shades/caves bc they will burn under the "high par" in SPS sense.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back