Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hands down any of the gobies (or blennies). I have a total goby obsession. Even in my freshwater tanks. I also love the weirder ones like frogfish but my passion is gobies all the way.

Attachments

• 20211205_200507_compress45.jpg
    20211205_200507_compress45.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 46

Sgchick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite fish is the Mandarin Dragonett because they have such a cute personality. My spotted mandarin comes to the surface to eat and she is fed by target feeder. When she wants more food she starts squirting water and wriggles in desperation for more food. I am also able to net feed her. What I do is put live shrimp in a fish net and as she comes to the surface I gently net her this way none of the more aggressive fish and shrimp take her food away.
That's cool!! I'd like to have a mandarin in my new tank once it's up and running. Did you get a captive bred one?

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vote for angels, but specifically my favorite fish is the resplendent angelfish, surely it's a fish that I will never have, and of which there can only be a few photos on the web.

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to throw some love to our problem children: orchid dottybacks and damselfish. Yes, yes, I've heard all of the horror stories out there, but my orchid dottybacks have never been anything but flashes of delight. I swear I'm going to dedicate one of my tanks to a dottyback harem one day.

And I recently picked up a lone sulphur damselfish a couple of months ago. It's a stunning yellow, and constantly active...and is well-behaved. I'm as surprised as anyone, as the only information I've been able to find paints this fish as the devil itself. It gets bossed around now by a miniscule flameback angel.

Runners up: filefish, for their bizarre sleeping positions and camouflage.

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bicolor blenny (but I only have two fish), because:
- Great personality
- Sits on top of highest rock structure to watch you whenever you walk by
- Goes all "chameleon" with instant tiger stripes when he gets excited, like when he knows food is coming
- Blazingly fast swimmer ... makes my clownfish look super sluggish, like me with a bad hang-over
- Just an all-around cool dude

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hands down any of the gobies (or blennies). I have a total goby obsession. Even in my freshwater tanks. I also love the weirder ones like frogfish but my passion is gobies all the way.
psst…dragonets aren’t gobies (or blennies), they’re not even that closely related.

jazzfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's cool!! I'd like to have a mandarin in my new tank once it's up and running. Did you get a captive bred one?
Wait until your tank has stabilized for a while and spend your money to get a captive bred. Having a healthy fish that eats prepared food will save you the heartbreak of a wild caught starving your tank.

The Fry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its saltwater, then its clowns. Overall, i love oscars! No other fish has their personality. Theyre called river puppies for a reason!

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
psst…dragonets aren’t gobies (or blennies), they’re not even that closely related.
LOL, I thought mandarinfish were part of the gobiidae family. OK, then amend the second half of my statement "I also love the weird fish like frogfish" to "I also love the weird fish like frogfish and mandarinfish".

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Green mandarin dragonette.

The reason I got back into the hobby, and the original reason I got into the hobby.

Runner up would be my latern basslet. Great personality, easy going, gets along with everything, and reminds me of a fresh water large mouth bass. Absolute pig of a fish come feeding time.

OP
OP
Hud

Hud

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite fish is the Mandarin Dragonett because they have such a cute personality. My spotted mandarin comes to the surface to eat and she is fed by target feeder. When she wants more food she starts squirting water and wriggles in desperation for more food. I am also able to net feed her. What I do is put live shrimp in a fish net and as she comes to the surface I gently net her this way none of the more aggressive fish and shrimp take her food away.
Great job on keeping one

OP
OP
Hud

Hud

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Green mandarin dragonette.

The reason I got back into the hobby, and the original reason I got into the hobby.

Runner up would be my latern basslet. Great personality, easy going, gets along with everything, and reminds me of a fresh water large mouth bass. Absolute pig of a fish come feeding time.
Very nice choices

OP
OP
Hud

Hud

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vote for angels, but specifically my favorite fish is the resplendent angelfish, surely it's a fish that I will never have, and of which there can only be a few photos on the web.
Wow I forgot about those their like a flame back but better

OP
OP
Hud

Hud

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to throw some love to our problem children: orchid dottybacks and damselfish. Yes, yes, I've heard all of the horror stories out there, but my orchid dottybacks have never been anything but flashes of delight. I swear I'm going to dedicate one of my tanks to a dottyback harem one day.

And I recently picked up a lone sulphur damselfish a couple of months ago. It's a stunning yellow, and constantly active...and is well-behaved. I'm as surprised as anyone, as the only information I've been able to find paints this fish as the devil itself. It gets bossed around now by a miniscule flameback angel.

Runners up: filefish, for their bizarre sleeping positions and camouflage.
I agree with the damselfish I have one in my 10 gallon and he doesn’t bother anything the citron goby however bullies the damsel

OP
OP
Hud

Hud

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Angelfish FOR SURE. They have such playful personalities. I love when they come greet me at the front of the tank when I get home.
What type of angel or just any ?

Back