What’s your Orphek Atlantik V4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
......program.

I’m curious about which program people are running. Post a screenshot of your program.

All of the stock programs come on too early for me because I like to enjoy my tank in the evening up until about midnight.

I just rebuilt my tank so I’m suffering some algae issues right now. Once I’m through this, I’ll crank up channels 1&4 (the green-ish white and the red-ish white).

96a51a61d5257eede27bcfd0789ab195.png

Wrasse-cal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious too. I run "Coral Color+Growth"

Hey, @Orphek would you give some guidance as to the logic/rationale behind the different provided programs?

OP
OP
sawdonkey

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I changes my settings now that my dinos are gone. Ramped everything up a bit. For those not familiar:

Green = blue channel
Blue = UV / violet
White = White/red
Red = white/green

6adcf1fc45270181eb144c9e09360e8b.png

Hey @Orphek, it would make a lot of sense to color the graph lines to match the spectrum. It would also make a lot of sense to name the channels after the spectrum. For example, name channel 2 “blue” and channel four “red.”

Loving these lights by the way!

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can easily take their stock program, adjust each time forward 4 hours and save it under a custom name if you want to try their programs. Here's mine. I went off BRS recommendation for settings at max.

IMG_0276.png

Last edited:

Orphek

Orphek- Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_13ff.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_13fe.jpg

this program 12H a day for sps and also need to turen on the strong clouds from 12:00 to 18:00 CH3 or Ch4 can begin at 08:00 and end at 22:00 for extra pop

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run Coral Growth, but not at 100% since I have a mixed reef.

mshur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

this program 12H a day for sps and also need to turen on the strong clouds from 12:00 to 18:00 CH3 or Ch4 can begin at 08:00 and end at 22:00 for extra pop
This program is mimic of sun light?

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Can you speak more about this schedule? Unfortunately I don't read german.

EDIT: Also how the heck do you set the first time point to anything but 00:00. I'm trying on the app and it won't let me.

Last edited:

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi HolisticBear , please try to add the strong cloud mode , actually i recommend this to every one .
first in the nature there is clouds and the Par drop very much when clouds pass,
5 years ago we shoed what happen when cloud pass you can see this here how the Par drop from 2000 to 450 in the summer.

corals need to exchange oxygen when there is high Par , so we create the could mode.
this will drop the intensity every 15 minuets for 5 minuets . this is very important for corals in order to grow fast and get better color.
we test this method at fastbooke group in Japan when all the members use the same program and strong cloud mode.

this is the results of one of our clients from japan

Best_aquarium_LED_lighting.png

Best_Corals-Color-Growth_aquarium_LED_lighting-1000x1060.jpg

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Mshu, this program not made special for orphek Atlantik but published by German research about what program corals needs.
at the nature we have about 10:00 to 12:00 H daylight and 12:00 to 14:00 dark.

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

EDIT: Also how the heck do you set the first time point to anything but 00:00. I'm trying on the app and it won't let me.

HI Xiaoxiy, i also not read German client but we got this from one of the german client. the idea is very simple mimic the sun .

we wrote about 7 years ago and published this Graph

redsea-under-the-water.jpg

CORRECT SPECTRUM AND AMOUNT IS NEEDED FOR GOOD CORAL GROWTH
for the post click here: https://orphek.com/correct-spectrum-for-good-coral-growth/

because LED light is not strong as Sun , the sun we can give extra 2H and total of 12H and to get some nice color we give only blue and violet 2H more but in very low intensity.

we never give light at night !!!
we wort about this before.
"Corals, like terrestrial plants need a photoperiod break or rest to carry out the biological processes that are required for good healthy growth. Keeping your moonlights on throughout the night can have a negative reaction to your corals by not allowing them the rest they need. Real moonlight produces no more than 0.2 and a high of 1 Lux in tropical latitudes."

now : "Also how the heck do you set the first time point to anything but 00:00. I'm trying on the app and it won't let me "

First point must be 00:00 it is 24:00 and can not be change , this is the beginning of new day .
and the last point should be max umber 23:59

so if for example you want to run light all the night

you can set

first point 00:00 10% ( this is 24:00 )
then second point 04:00 10%

so from 24:00 to 04:00 you will have 50% ( this is just example and we not recommend)

00:00 10% 24:00 10%
04:00 10%
05:00 0% light turn Off at 05:00
09:00 1% light turn on again at 09:00
12:00 100% rump up from 09:00 to 12:00 100%
14:00 0% light is close
20:00 10% then the light will turn on 10% till next day 00:00 10% = 24:00H

so 00:00 = 24:00 and that why this number can not be change !

2una

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Mshu, this program not made special for orphek Atlantik but published by German research about what program corals needs.
at the nature we have about 10:00 to 12:00 H daylight and 12:00 to 14:00 dark.

Would you by any chance have a link to that paper or pdf file so one could copy/paste into a translator?

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you by any chance have a link to that paper or pdf file so one could copy/paste into a translator?
I will look for it and will post it here

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hi Xiaoxiy, in the program there is 7 point in the screen shot it show just the last 5 point the first point can not change it is 00:00 24:00 the beginning of the day.

here is all 4 Channels

ch 2 begin at 09:00 1% and end at 21:00 0%
IMG_9859.jpg

Ch1 begin also at 09:00 1% and end at 21:00 0%
IMG_9858.jpg

Ch3 begin at 08:00 1% and end at 22:00 0%
IMG_9860.jpg

ch 4 begin at 09:00 1% and end at 21:00 0%
IMG_9861.jpg

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is the translation

lighting time
The lighting duration should be inclusive of all dimming phases (total lighting duration) between
11 hours and 12 hours (h) and do not exceed 12 hours. Only very experienced, professional
It should be reserved for aquarists to have the total illumination time if needed in trouble free
ongoing reef aquariums without radiation stress symptoms to further enhance the coral
growth or coral discoloration to a total illumination duration of max. 13 h increase
(e.g., in commercial coral breeding plants). For private reef aquariums, 12 hours are total illumination time
including the dimming phases as the maximum.
However, problems, e.g. with too low a nutrient content (see →
Nutrient deficiency situations), iodine deficiency with corresponding deficiency symptoms, or if
Macro- and microalgae (see → dinoflagellates or → cyanobacteria) should occur, the illumination time
necessarily back to max. 12 h, better even to be reduced to only 11 h
to relieve the aquarium system. As a result, less radiation energy reaches the reef aquarium
and thus the probability of the occurrence of critical radiation stress situations in the
Coral care reduced.
In nature, the daylength in the tropics is relatively constant and underwater by the angle of incidence
the sunlight and the associated reflection at a flat angle of incidence
shorter in the morning and evening than over water and is about 11.5 hours.

During the entire lighting period, it makes sense to have a lighting composition
(Light / lamp spectrum), which are qualitative over the course of the day, i. regarding
the spectral composition, not or only slightly changed. It means that
ideally, the light with the same spectrum starts at the beginning of the day, as it does over the rest
Day should also shine. In the evening it goes down as well. This will have to be
all light-dependent organisms, v.a. the zooxanthellate coral, not during the day
adapt to different lighting environments and the Zooxanthellen can thereby
V. A. photosynthetically effective work. The more consistent and the healthier the radiation environment
in the reef aquarium, the easier it is for the absorbed radiant energy to be converted into growth
become. Too strong and too high-energy light radiation protection mechanisms can be more pronounced,
so that growth rates decline and growth even come to a complete standstill
can, along with high radiation protection costs in the context of physiological
Possibilities of coral / zooxanthella symbiosis (see → Fluorescence → oxidative stress).

In many cases, the concept of a unified radiation environment is reflected in the overall course of the day but not met and spectral with so-called blue eyes as morning and evening light spectral Deviating from the rest of the day spectrum, not infrequently illuminated for an exaggerated amount of time. Especially very long blueprints that last longer than 45-60 minutes may be lead to radiation stress, v.a. in the evening, when the photosystems in the Zooxanthellen busy and the coral tissue is supersaturated with photosynthetic oxygen and → oxidative stress too a potentially critical problem. Therefore, blue eyes should ideally not, or just for a short while over just 30-45 minutes. When a blueprint is set up If very short-wave light in the range of 390-420 nm should ideally be dispensed with. Blue at about 420-430 nm (blue T5 tubes) and blue LEDs with an emission between 450 - 480 nm (royal blue, blue) is much less critical for a short blue-sky than a UV-close one violet light that as discussed v. a. in the evening even at low intensity to oxidative stress states can lead.

Especially for beginners, it is recommended that the radiation environment spectrally as equal as possible
to hold and to renounce blue eyes. Experienced aquarists can with short blue eyes
between 30 min. up to max. 1 hour taking into account the circumstances discussed in this chapter
work. Again, as a general recommendation that in acute problem cases, the lighting environment
should be set as gently and stress-free as possible, which also
includes the renunciation of blue eyes

An exemplary course over 11-11.5 hours is shown below (applicable on all dimmable T5 and LED lamps). It is important to understand that the maximum daily performance (TML) does not correspond in concept to the maximum technical lamp power or must correspond. LED lamps can usually be regulated in their power consumption be, e.g. to only 60% of the maximum technically possible lamp power. A daily maximum performance of 100% then corresponds to this individually set technical lamp power.

Example profile for 11.0 - 11.5 hours (h)
Sunrise from 0 60% of daily maximum power (TML) within 30-45 min. →
In the following 2 h increase of 60 90% of TML →
In the following 3 h increase of 90 100% of TML (daily high reached) →
Backward over 3 h lowering of 100% 90% of TML →
At night 2 h reduction of 90 60% of TML →
Sunset from 60 0% within 30-45 min. →
The following diagram shows an idealized daily course over 12 hours in three variants

Screen Shot 2018-10-07 at 10.55.01 AM.png

2una

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is the translation

lighting time
The lighting duration should be inclusive of all dimming phases (total lighting duration) between
11 hours and 12 hours (h) and do not exceed 12 hours. Only very experienced, professional
It should be reserved for aquarists to have the total illumination time if needed in trouble free
ongoing reef aquariums without radiation stress symptoms to further enhance the coral
growth or coral discoloration to a total illumination duration of max. 13 h increase
(e.g., in commercial coral breeding plants). For private reef aquariums, 12 hours are total illumination time
including the dimming phases as the maximum.
However, problems, e.g. with too low a nutrient content (see →
Nutrient deficiency situations), iodine deficiency with corresponding deficiency symptoms, or if
Macro- and microalgae (see → dinoflagellates or → cyanobacteria) should occur, the illumination time
necessarily back to max. 12 h, better even to be reduced to only 11 h
to relieve the aquarium system. As a result, less radiation energy reaches the reef aquarium
and thus the probability of the occurrence of critical radiation stress situations in the
Coral care reduced.
In nature, the daylength in the tropics is relatively constant and underwater by the angle of incidence
the sunlight and the associated reflection at a flat angle of incidence
shorter in the morning and evening than over water and is about 11.5 hours.

During the entire lighting period, it makes sense to have a lighting composition
(Light / lamp spectrum), which are qualitative over the course of the day, i. regarding
the spectral composition, not or only slightly changed. It means that
ideally, the light with the same spectrum starts at the beginning of the day, as it does over the rest
Day should also shine. In the evening it goes down as well. This will have to be
all light-dependent organisms, v.a. the zooxanthellate coral, not during the day
adapt to different lighting environments and the Zooxanthellen can thereby
V. A. photosynthetically effective work. The more consistent and the healthier the radiation environment
in the reef aquarium, the easier it is for the absorbed radiant energy to be converted into growth
become. Too strong and too high-energy light radiation protection mechanisms can be more pronounced,
so that growth rates decline and growth even come to a complete standstill
can, along with high radiation protection costs in the context of physiological
Possibilities of coral / zooxanthella symbiosis (see → Fluorescence → oxidative stress).

In many cases, the concept of a unified radiation environment is reflected in the overall course of the day but not met and spectral with so-called blue eyes as morning and evening light spectral Deviating from the rest of the day spectrum, not infrequently illuminated for an exaggerated amount of time. Especially very long blueprints that last longer than 45-60 minutes may be lead to radiation stress, v.a. in the evening, when the photosystems in the Zooxanthellen busy and the coral tissue is supersaturated with photosynthetic oxygen and → oxidative stress too a potentially critical problem. Therefore, blue eyes should ideally not, or just for a short while over just 30-45 minutes. When a blueprint is set up If very short-wave light in the range of 390-420 nm should ideally be dispensed with. Blue at about 420-430 nm (blue T5 tubes) and blue LEDs with an emission between 450 - 480 nm (royal blue, blue) is much less critical for a short blue-sky than a UV-close one violet light that as discussed v. a. in the evening even at low intensity to oxidative stress states can lead.

Especially for beginners, it is recommended that the radiation environment spectrally as equal as possible
to hold and to renounce blue eyes. Experienced aquarists can with short blue eyes
between 30 min. up to max. 1 hour taking into account the circumstances discussed in this chapter
work. Again, as a general recommendation that in acute problem cases, the lighting environment
should be set as gently and stress-free as possible, which also
includes the renunciation of blue eyes

An exemplary course over 11-11.5 hours is shown below (applicable on all dimmable T5 and LED lamps). It is important to understand that the maximum daily performance (TML) does not correspond in concept to the maximum technical lamp power or must correspond. LED lamps can usually be regulated in their power consumption be, e.g. to only 60% of the maximum technically possible lamp power. A daily maximum performance of 100% then corresponds to this individually set technical lamp power.

Example profile for 11.0 - 11.5 hours (h)
Sunrise from 0 60% of daily maximum power (TML) within 30-45 min. →
In the following 2 h increase of 60 90% of TML →
In the following 3 h increase of 90 100% of TML (daily high reached) →
Backward over 3 h lowering of 100% 90% of TML →
At night 2 h reduction of 90 60% of TML →
Sunset from 60 0% within 30-45 min. →
The following diagram shows an idealized daily course over 12 hours in three variants

Screen Shot 2018-10-07 at 10.55.01 AM.png

Thank you

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for posting that translation!

I only see a total of 7 time points, 6 of which are adjustable, in my Orphek app, which makes the schedule you posted impossible. How do I add an additional time point into the app?

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for posting that translation!

I only see a total of 7 time points, 6 of which are adjustable, in my Orphek app, which makes the schedule you posted impossible. How do I add an additional time point into the app?
Yes only 7 point And can not need extra point
I send you Two screen shot
Because it can not get all point in one screen shot .

In this example you can see ch 1 work from 20:00
TIll 04:00 at 10%
Then go down and shout off at 05:00

Then on again at 09:00 rump up till 100% 1200
And shut off at 14:00

And then next day again begin at 20:00 10%
Here is the two screen shot
Follow the red line in the graph
00:00 to 05:00
Then 09:00 to 14:00

Then 20:00 to 24:00 new day

The first 00:00 is 24:00 new day
9B79B220-377B-46D1-B3AA-34DD5586B226.png
AD490E67-5CB1-470F-B7E0-C6FAF3D513CA.png

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back