What’s your Orphek Atlantik V4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is where I am now, I have channels 2 and 3 on for longer and at a higher level as I like them for a blue light, late in the evening, channels 1 and 4 are much better now thankyou. When I use the cloud function, when I open the page it’s always set to OFF, it doesn’t seem to save the times and ON function, do I need to input and resend it every time I send a main light program?
E5728112-C135-4AE0-95B9-9FDFA7A619CE.png

Orphek

Orphek- Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maybe in the graph of the program it not look so nice but the light will rump up or dim down slowly.
so
if you set
09:00 1%
and then 12:00 100%
the application will take this 3 hours = 180 minuets and about 1.8 minuets will rump by 1% .

same for sunset . the app always rump up by 1% and dim down by 1% .

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is where I am now, I have channels 2 and 3 on for longer and at a higher level as I like them for a blue light, late in the evening, channels 1 and 4 are much better now thankyou. When I use the cloud function, when I open the page it’s always set to OFF, it doesn’t seem to save the times and ON function, do I need to input and resend it every time I send a main light program?

once you set and send the could it saved. when you enter again you need to click on the light name then you will see the could mode associate to the light.
because every light can get its own could mode you need to click on the light name,
same as in the program every light can get its own program so it always show the default program when you click on the light name it show what program associate to the light .

let say in right you have some corals that need more light or have new corals and need strong cloud
but left not need then you set there soft clouds.

when you enter to this page you click on the light name then you can see the correct mode .

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
once you set and send the could it saved. when you enter again you need to click on the light name then you will see the could mode associate to the light.
because every light can get its own could mode you need to click on the light name,
same as in the program every light can get its own program so it always show the default program when you click on the light name it show what program associate to the light .

let say in right you have some corals that need more light or have new corals and need strong cloud
but left not need then you set there soft clouds.

when you enter to this page you click on the light name then you can see the correct mode .
My software doesn’t seem to do what your saying, if I enter V4L for instance where does it show the current light program? To be honest this current software seems a backward step from the one I use on my v2’s. Nothing seems to save correctly or anything, it’s very vague..

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My software doesn’t seem to do what your saying, if I enter V4L for instance where does it show the current light program? To be honest this current software seems a backward step from the one I use on my v2’s. Nothing seems to save correctly or anything, it’s very vague..
Hi Mortie , you should click on the LIGHT name then it will show the program ! you missed this part :)
check the RED around the light name down the screen , also why did you gave the same units the same name .
call them for example light 1 light 2 light 3 light 4

scroll down this image and you will find your light name !
same in the cloud look down the screen and click on the light name !

the app work perfect :)

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
QUOTE="Orphek, post: 5241622, member: 22848"]Hi Mortie , you should click on the LIGHT name then it will show the program ! you missed this part :)
check the RED around the light name down the screen , also why did you gave the same units the same name .

[/QUOTE]
Thanks the 4 V4 groups I added by mistake and cannot delete them, when I go to groups and click the x to delete nothing happens.. I only have 2 lights V4L and V4R, I use the All button as I want both lights to do the same thing
A64AAD99-93CA-44F8-A55A-6A5A7872DF53.png

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
QUOTE="Orphek, post: 5241622, member: 22848"]Hi Mortie , you should click on the LIGHT name then it will show the program ! you missed this part :)

Thanks the 4 V4 groups I added by mistake and cannot delete them, when I go to groups and click the x to delete nothing happens.. I only have 2 lights V4L and V4R, I use the All button as I want both lights to do the same thing
A64AAD99-93CA-44F8-A55A-6A5A7872DF53.png
[/QUOTE]
you can always email us to [email protected] let us know your getaway ID and then we will enter and delete the groups. if you want to change both units first client on one of the units this will load the program then click on ALL and then change what you need and click send then it will send for both units.

same at the cloud if you click on one of the unit it will show the clouds mode that run then you can click on ALL and click send then it will send to all units.

this is the fast way to copy the program to all units
just set one unit time and intensity % then click send ,
then you click on ALL and send it will send to all other units.

In the old version there was to many buttons this app we reduced the buttons it just you need to know the small tricks .

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lighting the Reef Aquarium: Part II

October 16, 2018 (Edit)

Measuring Light Intensity
By Dana Riddle
If I were to ask reef aquarium hobbyists these questions, their answers would likely be as follows:

Q: What is the Specific Gravity of the water in your tank?

A: 1.025

Q: What is your calcium concentration?

A: 400 milligrams per liter (or parts per million)

Q: What is the highest light level in your tank?

A: I likely won’t get an answer.

Why? It is probably due to several thing:

read more : https://orphek.com/lighting-the-reef-aquarium-part-ii/

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi HolisticBear , please try to add the strong cloud mode , actually i recommend this to every one .
first in the nature there is clouds and the Par drop very much when clouds pass

Thank you. I totally missed your post until now. I have various LPS on the bottom of the tank (26" tall), so I'm only running at 68% power of Coral Growth. With the addition of cloud mode, I may be able to increase power slightly. I do have a PAR meter (seneye). I just enabled cloud mode, no change in output. But I may increase power slowly soon.

OP
OP
sawdonkey

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is what I’ve been rocking. I use heavy clouds for three hours during the most intense part. Corals (pretty much all SPS) seem to be responding pretty well.

I might round off the corners a bit.

05f3dcb11f633326313732ec80a125a5.png

GugsJr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great , when you run this program 12H please test the alkalinity calcium and magnesium after one week and please report hear ! you probably will find out it drop very much ! this very good sing that corals love the program :)
I'll post my results Sunday since that's when I test.

Two questions most of the sps vendors grow most their corals with less white.

1. With this much white light will it improve color of corals over more of a blue tint?

2. What color Kelvin would this be? 20K?

mshur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What you guys think about my program for SPS ?
I run strong clouds as well
66b0365e8f7ad9ac8b9ead1c44e8013c.png

OP
OP
sawdonkey

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I smoothed things out a bit better. I still have my whites taper off a bit more drastically at the ind if the day because I like to be almost pure blue by midnight. Heavy clouds from 3-7.

671dd830d38448e616346581c0cb2501.png

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my program
f16b8532995a5594ad2d2e0d9b1db1f9.png

I have heavy clouds on but I think I read they don’t kick on unless you are over 50%
bcc3f252aed2a1415b519d05209ac982.png

My V4 is 16” over a shallow nano reef which is why the intensity is lower than most

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I smoothed things out a bit better. I still have my whites taper off a bit more drastically at the ind if the day because I like to be almost pure blue by midnight. Heavy clouds from 3-7.

671dd830d38448e616346581c0cb2501.png
Hi Sawdonkey , this is realy nice program , please update us about your calcium magnesium and alkalinity Change in 1 -2 week . It will be very important if people share this !

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes the clouds will not work here .
Your aquarium is already in clouds:)
Here is my program
f16b8532995a5594ad2d2e0d9b1db1f9.png

I have heavy clouds on but I think I read they don’t kick on unless you are over 50%
bcc3f252aed2a1415b519d05209ac982.png

My V4 is 16” over a shallow nano reef which is why the intensity is lower than most

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What you guys think about my program for SPS ?
I run strong clouds as well
66b0365e8f7ad9ac8b9ead1c44e8013c.png
Hi Mshur , I personally like this kind of program very much it give very nice fluorescent color . Also I recommend to check calcium magnesium and alkalinety every week and mark it in a table and check the change . If possible to make photo every week of some corals and put it near the table . This will help to understand how corals do .

mshur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Mshur , I personally like this kind of program very much it give very nice fluorescent color . Also I recommend to check calcium magnesium and alkalinety every week and mark it in a table and check the change . If possible to make photo every week of some corals and put it near the table . This will help to understand how corals do .
Thank you!
Would you add or change anything?

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every aquarium need defrent program .
Our base programs give some idea and every one should change acording to his aquarium.
If you like the color , if your corals responding well . Then keep it . Corals not like lots of changes.! Also it change the water parameters. So choose a program stick to it and adjust the water parameters acording .

GugsJr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every aquarium need defrent program .
Our base programs give some idea and every one should change acording to his aquarium.
If you like the color , if your corals responding well . Then keep it . Corals not like lots of changes.! Also it change the water parameters. So choose a program stick to it and adjust the water parameters acording .
What about adding t5s?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back