What’s your Orphek Atlantik V4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

rusgum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a question for you guys if I should raise the height of my orphek or leave it as is. I have it 10 inches above the water line. BRS reviewed the light and recommends 15" above the water. I tested PAR at my SPS half way down my tank which is 20" tall and the most intense spot on the rock center of the light is about 350-400. Channels 1, 4 at 50% and channels 2,3 at 100%. Based on the video I thought it would be way higher but it looks like my unit doesn't push those real high values. Is there a need to raise it to that recommended height or keep it as is if 300-400 is the goal for SPS at this location?
Don't chase numbers with this lamp. I played enough for them in all respects. Raise to 35-45 unambiguous centimeters. Example, acrapore Pink Floyd grows well and has good color. He is on the lower level with akanas. And there is 250 par. Although under t5 it is placed closer to the light.

Last edited:

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't chase numbers with this lamp. I played enough for them in all respects. Raise to 35-45 unambiguous centimeters. Example, acrapore Pink Floyd grows well and has good color. He is on the lower level with akanas. And there is 250 par. Although under t5 it is placed closer to the light.
Thanks! I can make that adjustment tonight when the lights are off. I've got it on the mounting arms.

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the unit raised to 14.5 inches off water surface, from 10 previously.

Can anyone comment on my light schedule if I should go longer or is this OK for a mixed tank:

Channels 1, 4 at 50% from 10:30 to 18:30.
Channels 2,3 at 85% from 10:30 to noon, then 100% noon to 17:00, then 85% at 18:30.
Strong clouds 1200 to 1700.
Lights all come on 1% at 0900 and off 0% at 2100.

OP
OP
sawdonkey

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the unit raised to 14.5 inches off water surface, from 10 previously.

Can anyone comment on my light schedule if I should go longer or is this OK for a mixed tank:

Channels 1, 4 at 50% from 10:30 to 18:30.
Channels 2,3 at 85% from 10:30 to noon, then 100% noon to 17:00, then 85% at 18:30.
Strong clouds 1200 to 1700.
Lights all come on 1% at 0900 and off 0% at 2100.

I’d lengthen your peak time an hour or two , and instead of having that 1% time, have things ramp up and down. Here’s mine, but I’ve tweaked it slightly since this:
A7CD12CC-B486-44A8-B010-09E3DB53DDBA.png

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Orphek ~ I am enjoying the V4 but the app has some little things that need to be updated. Will you ever update the app? For example: twice, my settings in the app got reset and went back to another program. And I hadn’t even touched the app. Also, it’s hard to tell which program I am programming as the program name at the top is the last program. And why do I need to name each program when setting the channels? But so far I have good SPS growth.

dling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I knew what each of the programs actually looked like using a color/wavelength meter. For example
coral color: does it have a range from uv and a good peak at 420 to 450 . Instead of names just show color graphs.
Thats what we need to know. Spectrum!

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d lengthen your peak time an hour or two , and instead of having that 1% time, have things ramp up and down. Here’s mine, but I’ve tweaked it slightly since this:
A7CD12CC-B486-44A8-B010-09E3DB53DDBA.png
Would you broaden the 100% peak time slowly over time to a goal of maybe 7 hours? I wasn't sure if the flanking 1.5 hours of 85% would still be considered strong light or not, esp when I run strong clouds from 12 to 5pm during the 100% ch2,3 period.

Otherwise I could change it to 100% on channels 2,3 from 1100 to 1800 slowly over time expanding that range with clouds following.

I dont fully understand the ramp up and down suggestion as the lamp will do this naturally starting at 1% and ending at 0%.

I have lost most of my sps but one which ha seen doing very well in both growth and coloration. Would this suggest the settings are appropriate and maybe the tank is more stable now, or should I still mess with it? This is the major negative aspect to led lighting, lol. Feel like I should not tinker with it if the one coral is doing well. But again it's just one. Unknown if the light was at fault for the other failures.

Markxc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Orphek ~ I am enjoying the V4 but the app has some little things that need to be updated. Will you ever update the app? For example: twice, my settings in the app got reset and went back to another program. And I hadn’t even touched the app. Also, it’s hard to tell which program I am programming as the program name at the top is the last program. And why do I need to name each program when setting the channels? But so far I have good SPS growth.
when you set your program are you using the "All" tab or the tab for your specific tank? I had the same issue as you when i used the tank tab, but once i used the "All" tab it stopped changing.

rusgum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. For those who are interested in the light of the Atlantic. I have it for two years. In January I changed the board to the pro version. Put a voltage relay. Now I changed the plastic lenses for glass. The old lenses were in perfect condition, but glass is glass. Today the diodes are in excellent condition. Good luck to all. :)

20201017_211547.jpg 20201017_215611.jpg 20201017_211906.jpg

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone running these lights in a preset mode, say the 14k preset for example? Or has anyone for a period of time? Mine should be getting hung soon and I might go with that since I have been running 14k halides lately.

corey

rusgum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone running these lights in a preset mode, say the 14k preset for example? Or has anyone for a period of time? Mine should be getting hung soon and I might go with that since I have been running 14k halides lately.

corey
Yes, there are these modes in the menu. They show the percentage of each channel. At one time at the peak of the day I had 14000k. This is the first channel 60%, the second 100%, the third 100%, the fourth 60%.

Screenshot_20201026-052026_Atlantik v4-Gateway2.jpg

GillMeister

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also wish the app was a little more robust. I'm running Coral Color after running Coral Color plus growth for a month. I don't see a difference between the two programs. I tried running a program I created myself and it also looks the same. I don't trust that my changes are registering.

I have three of the V4's and these lights are amazing. With a better control app i don't think they could be beat.

rusgum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For two years of use, I have not had the problems that everyone is talking about. Maybe I was lucky. :). My only problem is that the clouds sometimes turn off. And the android application is very slow. No problem on iPhone

Last edited:

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
35, 100, 100, 30 for 5 hours max intensity was frying my corals. How are you keeping yours alive rus? My sps half way down the tank are pretty pale when the lights off. Edit to add the light is a single atlantik v4 15 inches off the water surface on a 20 inch deep tank.

Last edited:

GillMeister

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For two years of use, I have not had the problems that everyone is talking about. Maybe I was lucky. :). My only problem is that the clouds sometimes turn off. And the android application is very slow. No problem on iPhone
I'm happy to hear you've not been disappointed with the app. I think you might be the first person I've seen post anything positive about it. I'm in the Android version of the app right now and It takes 5 to 10 minutes to get the program list to open. After I do get it to open and I select my program, it crashes. Every. Single. Time.

Since so many people are using Android, it seems Orphek should have some incentive to fix it.

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I have not been able to get the android version of the app to work period. Works every time on iPad.

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am finally getting mine back running after having them updated and repaired. The new boards and leds are supposed to be stronger. @Orphek ....or anyone else with the know, I have heard that the new UV diodes on channel 3 don’t need to be up past 50% and channel 4 can be low as well for algae purposes. So my question is @Orphek or anyone else what do you suggest for a SPS tank with 2 full size V4’s as far as lighting schedule goes and intensity. I was leaning towards 14k pre set but not sure since it seems orphek and others suggest keeping the new (2020) UV diodes under 50%?

thanks
corey

Luisreefmexico

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am finally getting mine back running after having them updated and repaired. The new boards and leds are supposed to be stronger. @Orphek ....or anyone else with the know, I have heard that the new UV diodes on channel 3 don’t need to be up past 50% and channel 4 can be low as well for algae purposes. So my question is @Orphek or anyone else what do you suggest for a SPS tank with 2 full size V4’s as far as lighting schedule goes and intensity. I was leaning towards 14k pre set but not sure since it seems orphek and others suggest keeping the new (2020) UV diodes under 50%?

thanks
corey
Well i don't known if is or not a good result i comparative with other light adjustments but i am using this configuration and i think my corals have a good coloration and they are growing up.

My PC rainbow start as a little frag and right now is a mini colony in less of 3 months.

I think one of the problem is when you are looking for a blue aspect all the time, if you don't like the algae, introduce more herbivorous species, and stablish short periods of time to can see the reef with a blue aspect
control the algae with a poor spectrum limits the coral growth
IMG-7469.PNG
IMG-7109.jpg
IMG-7100.jpg
IMG-6943.jpg
IMG-7247.jpg
IMG-7236.jpg

SPS247

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

thanks
corey
So I had upgraded both boards in the last year along with a single diode that burnt out. I asked Kris at Orpehk the same question about a month ago what’s the best setting for SPS? has anything changed since realeasing the original set of programs in the booklet? This is the program he sent me. He said its an old one. I think this was already posted here on page 2 or 3. I haven’t tried this program yet because my SPS are really showing great color and I haven’t had time to check the par meter against what I’m running.
I’m running the color plus growth program right now with a slight mod to the white channel. 11am -11pm.
79DA2594-D405-403A-9179-7A20352C8C59.jpeg
75E48E99-993E-4ADB-9A25-656DB0780F99.jpeg

Back