What “Reef Issues” have you MASTERED???

Koty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I now realize that I actually cannot master cyanobacteria in my DT...... But I got to know someone who does!
It's my life-saving sand sifting gobby god bless his soul.
When I use RS NoPox to reduce N & P, it works, but I get cyano growth in return. But now cyano is only in the sump battling with my chaeto so I care much less about it

White clean sand in my DT
2022-05-14 18.49.13.jpg

SHINYSuccubus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Often times it takes a while to learn something and learn it the hard way as well! That being said, We learn it!!!
So my thorn in the flesh was eliminating an invasive coral call Blue Clove Polyps. They ended up covering way too much of my rock work. With the help of some reef2reef rock stars who had gone through the same dilemma, I followed much of their advice and ultimately ridded my reef tank of these pests. Needless to say, this issue has been MASTERED!!!

1. What about your experience?
F7542666-309C-4194-B543-BD564500FB8A.jpeg
i don’t think i’ve ever “mastered” anything reef related! in fact, i’m a little afraid to even *say* mastered in public, for fear something bizarre i’ve never heard of before would immediately manifest in my tank. better safe than sorry - imma stay a striving rank amateur!

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a good base of biology and chemistry, at least related to the hobby and have so-far had the ability to spot stupid ideas and trends early on. I wish that I was better at getting people to believe me early in the process - dry rock needing too much time and not being cheap in the long run, Vibrant not being bacteria come to mind.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back