What 180+ mfg to go with?

NCcoastalreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been in the reef hobby for 6+ years and have finally bought a house that will allow me to build a 180-220 is size tank, but I am unsure of what mfg I should be looking at to go bigger. I've had a 75 gallon acrylic tank for the last 5 years and I am not scared of acrylic by any means but wouldn't mind glass for ease of cleaning. What would you guys recommend? I've been looking at some used tanks in the area but I hate wasting my time knly to find the tanks listed are scratched to heck.

mrpontiac80

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been in the reef hobby for 6+ years and have finally bought a house that will allow me to build a 180-220 is size tank, but I am unsure of what mfg I should be looking at to go bigger. I've had a 75 gallon acrylic tank for the last 5 years and I am not scared of acrylic by any means but wouldn't mind glass for ease of cleaning. What would you guys recommend? I've been looking at some used tanks in the area but I hate wasting my time knly to find the tanks listed are scratched to heck.
I ordered a 180 gallon planet aquariums mega matrix with an external overflow. I should have it within the next week and will be glad to show pics of the quality when I do get it.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glasscages
20220925_192141.jpg

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can afford it, go Crystal Dynamics aquarium, their tanks and stands are absolutely beautiful. I also love the new Aquaforest Ocean guard tanks

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a little biased but miracles make amazing tanks, beautiful and built to last. C2C are also great and if you have the budget and patience reef savvy are supposedly second to none

OP
OP
N

NCcoastalreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, i think reef savvy builds some incredible tanks but that's more than I can swing on a big tank at the moment. I have been looking at glass cages tanks and building my own stand and such as I have enjoyed building out my previous tanks and stands.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for custom glass cages are nice.

if you are looking for Pnp look in to the innovative marine 200 tanks stand and sump for 4K hard to beat in today's market.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back