WHAT!? 3 BRAND NEW VERSIONS of the APEX CONTROLLER from Neptune Systems!?!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
1 - new apex.jpeg

So I just saw this and thought I'd share! I haven't had a chance yet to really look it all over. What do you guys think? I'm pretty excited about the first new Apex in 6 years!

It's on the front page of the Neptune website.

Last edited:

herozero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a 25 year celebration with a re-jiggering of ports on the base units. I think the three A3 series probably fall in-line more clearly in a good-better-best kind of hierarchy, but it's not a "new generation" or "revolutionary" or anything like that. Adding FMM ports direct is a good deal, IMO. I've got a "pro" except my 4-ports live in an external FMM module, and I've always utilized the 0-10V ports (Tunze). It's what makes the announcement meh from a new products perspective, cause nothing is pushing the envelope, on the other hand it's not the kind of controversy that was Classic vs. Apex, but I don't want to get on that topic anymore, and the whole ecosystem keeps chugging along. I don't think Ecotech-Neptune integration will happen for another 2 years at least, my 2 cents.

It's a perfectly wonderful controller series and you can use loads of existing modules. :)

Edit: new upgrades on sensors too, which is nice.

gbru316

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The biggest news here is the release of the A3 Jr -- which makes monitoring/control much more accessible to those on a budget. I'm also pretty excited about the liquid level sensor.

The other 2 controllers feel like they're just kicking the can down the road.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Having looked it over, I'm glad it's not the introduction of a whole new ecosystem. These seem like a nice option for some upgrades. I do wonder if some new modules will be in the works or possibly some reimagining of some existing modules (i.e. the new optical sensor).

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am eagerly awaiting the Trident 2, with nitrate and phosphate testing. *Wishful thinking, not fact. The new units seem like something for most reefers out there.

herozero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having looked it over, I'm glad it's not the introduction of a whole new ecosystem. These seem like a nice option for some upgrades. I do wonder if some new modules will be in the works or possibly some reimagining of some existing modules (i.e. the new optical sensor).
Already have, new sensors.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I'll stick with the 2016 version which is loaded and has been nothing but good to me and with included salinity probe was $100 less

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And my classic keeps chugging along. :cool:

Seriously though, just when I thought they couldn’t make a blockier head unit…. When are they going to figure out we want a sleek, clean and flat mounted design like the classic (just with new technology)?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.3%
Back