What 3D printed stuff do you wish your LFS carried?

DIFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to see skimmer carbon bag holders. Slapping a bag of carbon on the skimmer works but a 3d printed ring/bucket would be nice. In general I think a LFS could put a 3d printer to good use as they would not have to carry individual models and could just print on demand. Shipping some of the products kills the value for the consumer. I also am a sucker for sea urchin hats but I don’t know how well they would sell….

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know what I'd have them carry...but personally, I want a (nice, not plasticky looking) empty treasure chest that I can put engraved heart shaped stones in that have each of my loved ones' names on them. <3

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I would love to see skimmer carbon bag holders. Slapping a bag of carbon on the skimmer works but a 3d printed ring/bucket would be nice. In general I think a LFS could put a 3d printer to good use as they would not have to carry individual models and could just print on demand. Shipping some of the products kills the value for the consumer. I also am a sucker for sea urchin hats but I don’t know how well they would sell….
haha. Actually that's something the guys at the LFS asked for specifically... urchin hats...
I think I released a stink sink (carbon on top of skimmer) on Thingiverse awhile ago:
It'd be easy to scale for whatever skimmer you have. If you want, I can scale it for your skimmer and sell you a print of it.
pm me the top diameter of your skimmer and we can go from there.

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I don't know what I'd have them carry...but personally, I want a (nice, not plasticky looking) empty treasure chest that I can put engraved heart shaped stones in that have each of my loved ones' names on them. <3
anything here jump out at you?
I don't try to markup on random thingiverse prints if you just want something printed from Thingiverse PM me and I'll guestimate a reasonable price for the filament/time/power/shipping.
Or I am sure @neon_reefer or @chemisfun11 could print it for you (probably better quality)

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohhh wait, you know what would be an extremely helpful item? Trays for different brands' test kits that can hold the vials in place. When I was using the Red Sea tests, I kept having to redo certain ones because I was knocking the vials over partway through by accident. @_@ EDIT: Or even...just...little vial stands...

Back