What additional new tank mates can I add I’m Nuvo 40 any recommendations livestock stocking

nycfreshreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone, weekend is ahead of us finally !

I was looking for recommendations as to a new tank mate or tank mates I could add to my current reef system. It is an IM Nuvo 40 here is my current stock list

FISH/INVERTS

- 2 oce clowns
- 1 royal gramma
- 1 Pygmy Angel (cherub)
- 2 scarlet hermits
- small CUC (few nassarius , cerith, 1 trochus)

CORAL

- mixed reef , softies (Zoa) LPS , hammer / torch , few SPS

Was also thinking seriously about adding a rock anemone soon

I’m looking for recommendations on any other fish I can add , I do not want to over stock but I would like to add at least 1 more or 2 more fish

Right now everything is mid sized / on the smaller side

Thank parameters are stable , running UV & Skimmer

Excellent water quality 1.025 salinity , no ammonia / nitrites , little to no nitrate , phosphorus around 0.1-0.2

I was thinking about adding a basslet but worried about the royal gramma , also was thinking about cardinal fish but I know they like to be in pairs

Any recommendations would be most greatly appreciated

Thanks guys

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My yellow watchman goby and lawnmower blennie are fun to watch. Watchman can be paired with a pistol shrimp, as long as your rocks aren't on top of the sand.

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this the long 40 or the cubeish 40?

You could probably add:
1. Small blenny
2. Pistol Shrimp goby (yellow, orange spot, pink spot, yasha, dracula, wheeler...)
3. Firefish
4. a pink streak or possum wrasse or cardinal

Or you could go:
1. large blenny
2. Pistol Shrimp goby (yellow, orange spot, pink spot, yasha, dracula, wheeler...)
3. Firefish or pink streak or possum or cardinal

Just some ideas. I've been hesitant about damsels and dottybacks since they have reps for aggression. The above is heavily stocked, but you can probably reduce the bioload by going with smaller species like a tailspot blenny and a smaller pistol shrimp goby pair like a yasha + randall's pistol shrimp. If you wanted to nix the firefish, you could then go with a pair of pink streak wrasses or a pair of cardinals. If you're into bigger fish, you could do a midas blenny + purple firefish or pair of cardinals and call it done (medium-heavy bioload).

+1 on adding a rockflower nem. Add 5! If you're lucky, they'll spawn!

OP
OP
nycfreshreef

nycfreshreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My yellow watchman goby and lawnmower blennie are fun to watch. Watchman can be paired with a pistol shrimp, as long as your rocks aren't on top of the sand.
Thanks for the reply was definitely thinking of a goby/shrimp combo

OP
OP
nycfreshreef

nycfreshreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this the long 40 or the cubeish 40?

You could probably add:
1. Small blenny
3. Firefish
4. a pink streak or possum wrasse or cardinal

Or you could go:
1. large blenny
3. Firefish or pink streak or possum or cardinal

Just some ideas. I've been hesitant about damsels and dottybacks since they have reps for aggression. The above is heavily stocked, but you can probably reduce the bioload by going with smaller species like a tailspot blenny and a smaller pistol shrimp goby pair like a yasha + randall's pistol shrimp. If you wanted to nix the firefish, you could then go with a pair of pink streak wrasses or a pair of cardinals. If you're into bigger fish, you could do a midas blenny + purple firefish or pair of cardinals and call it done (medium-heavy bioload).

+1 on adding a rockflower nem. Add 5! If you're lucky, they'll spawn!
Appreciate the reply excellent feedback yes was definitely thinking of a fire fish or or a wrasse or some sort , and then add a blenny such as an algae blenny and call it a day so the bio load doesn’t get to crazy , will definitely take all of this into serious consideration & again I greatly appreciate the thoughts/ feedback/ experience

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back