Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow!! Thanks so much for the replies/ advice! I will follow the advice

What size tank? 54 Gallon

What filtration setup? Magniflow 220 Canister and protein skimmer

Were the fish eating, and what? Mysis shrimp, brine shrimp, clams, etc.

Any bullies in the tank? The damsel seems to bully the new guys for a bit then eases off and no bullying after

Did any jump out of the tank? No

Any chemicals other than the salt mix in the tank? Phytoplankton and API Quickstart at water change. Also Super Ich remover at hint of ich.

Has it been necessary to treat for any parasites? A small case of ich, but quarantined that guy and treated tank with API Super Ich remover

Do you have plenty of hiding spaces? I think so

"You seem to know the answer but don’t want to hear it" incorrect. I don't mind the advice and criticism. I just already know the answer.

I attached a pic of the tank and test results I just did. Order of tests is High Ph, Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, Phosphate. The Nitrate is a little high and I did add Seachem Prime for that.
20201226_104554.jpg
20201226_102823.jpg
Top of the tank looks still(calm) most of the oxygen in the water will come from turn over at the surface..maybe try aiming your power head up a bit more to get the top agitated.

Philly Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I were you, I would take out the damsel.
You said you don't see it chasing anyone but you are not watching the tank 24/7.
Damsel is notorious for bullying. And IMO, your tank does not have lots of hiding space.

If you have ich, all your current fishes would get them too.

So I am leaning towards the damsel or even the clowns that are bullying new fishes and that would stress them out.

Take your time. Let the tank sit with the current fishes for 2 months or so before adding new one

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back