What Angels do you have in your reef? Besides beauties/flames

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful angels… have you ever had any issues with nipping at corals from any of them? Or issues with other tank inhabitants?
I guess I am tolerant. As long as thye don't kill the coral or stunted it's growth I am OK. PE in my SPS is way better at night so they got to take sample here and there.

BJEDVM13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a regal (my favorite fish), multi-barred, and coral beauty in my tank. The regal will pick on any fleshy LPS (even ones that sting, like elegance). The other two are quite model citizens. Personally would take the fish over the coral any day, so it’s a risk I’m willing to make.

BJEDVM13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a regal (my favorite fish), multi-barred, and coral beauty in my tank. The regal will pick on any fleshy LPS (even ones that sting, like elegance). The other two are quite model citizens. Personally would take the fish over the coral any day, so it’s a risk I’m willing to make.

Attachments

• F8306201-9B12-42AA-AF8F-B6A2AAF153D2.jpeg
    F8306201-9B12-42AA-AF8F-B6A2AAF153D2.jpeg
    220.3 KB · Views: 64
OP
OP
CincyReefer07

CincyReefer07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s definitely a risk I keep going back on whether or not I want to take. I love regals, as well as some others that are known lps and/or zoa pickers, but then I also love acans and elegance and Duncan’s and having a small zoa garden. So it’s a toss up for me which way I’m gonna go. Keep weighing my options to see what others experiences have been. Majority of my tank will be sps though, but with some lps and softies mixed in.

bsagea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a juvenile Regal...quite the baby at about 1 1/2" now. Smaller when she joined us in December. Decided on a tiny baby in the hopes she wouldn't bother any coral as compared to a larger size juvenile. She spent over 8 weeks in my 20 gal long getting her to eat and fattening her up. She is a bit shy but getting better at coming out to eat with her tankmates. So far, she hasn't touched anything. She likes to pick food off my tile starfish though. Hopefully she'll stay away from the corals. If not, the corals will get moved to the other tank or would be gone! She's beautiful! Couldn't imagine getting rid of her! The Fiji foxface took a small nip out of her as you can see in the sideview. It's growing back nicely! She's been in there for 2 weeks now.
bsa
Screenshot_20230221-154135_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230221-154659_Gallery.jpg

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had flame angels in the past - a trio - and loved them, but lost them to ich / copper / fallow. That one hurt, especially with the post-covid prices of flames . . .

Currently have a young emperor, just coming through the last of her color change and starting to grunt. She _loves_ the taste of some of the LPS, but has so far left zoas and mushrooms alone. She also loves the flavor of majano anemones, so I can put up with most of her shenanigans.

~B.

OP
OP
CincyReefer07

CincyReefer07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had flame angels in the past - a trio - and loved them, but lost them to ich / copper / fallow. That one hurt, especially with the post-covid prices of flames . . .

Currently have a young emperor, just coming through the last of her color change and starting to grunt. She _loves_ the taste of some of the LPS, but has so far left zoas and mushrooms alone. She also loves the flavor of majano anemones, so I can put up with most of her shenanigans.

~B.
Emperors are gorgeous! So many gorgeous angelfish, just so nervous about getting some of the ones I really want just due to have a good bit of lps in my tank as well. But love the coloring on some of them, and love the larger angels.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back