What app does everyone use to track your tank?

intricate_reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do any of these apps have actual phone notifications and app badge icons to remind you to do scheduled tasks? I’m using apex fusion to log now but sometimes miss tasks as I don’t open the app everyday.

Salty Irishman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aqua planner, been using it for years to stay on track and works quite well for me. And yes, reminders show up daily in my phone for today’s tasks, very handy indeed. Check out all it does which is quite a lot and the lite version (tracks 1 tank) is free!

Last edited:
OP
OP
ImNemo

ImNemo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the ideas. My tank has only been setup for around a year and just starting to stock with corals. I honestly have checked the water parameters about twice since setup even though I have all the Hanna checkers and a nice red sea pro test kit. With monthly water changes I just haven't seen the need.

Now with adding the corals I just need something to give me a little push or remind me to actually test and work toward a more stable tank.

I removed most of the automation already because all it did was make me lazy and just neglect the tank. I would literally not even look at the tank for a week at a time. This is a rimless 160 display tank with 40 gallon sump.

Anyway, I think I will give Aquarium Note a try as it looks to have everything I need. Thanks!

ReefAtlas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering what app you use to record your aquarium parameters?

I have been using google forms tied to a google sheet which captures and automatically displays the data. The form is accessible from anywhere and any device with internet access. I have charts and analysis that the sheet is able to do on the backend.

Example of the input form:
1568290651332.png

Example of the some data:
1568290769879.png

Sample of the Alk chart: (I know not as stable as I would have liked...)
1568290819240.png

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My original "App" was a spiral Notebook. It wasn't supported by Microsoft or Amazon, more like a 5 and 10 cent store (Google it)
It came with an eraser to delete and didn't need to be charged.

balajeek15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I downloaded Pocket Marine app becaz it is beautiful app but lacks many features that i needed, so for now i am sticking with Apex.

OP
OP
ImNemo

ImNemo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, Just so everyone knows I'm 44 years old. I remember life before computers, the internet and Apps. Luckily we have made it out of the stone ages and their are other means now than a rock and chisel. ;)

kapnkush608

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOOK ME!!! IM SO OLD!! THESE DARNED KIDS AND THEIR DARNED SMARTPHONES!!! MEH MEH MEH CURSIVE MEH MEH MEH PENCIL AND PAPER MEH MEH!! lol y'all crazy. Sit down boomers, the millennials are here. Haha. Just playing grampa. #greatestgeneration ;Hilarious.

OP
OP
ImNemo

ImNemo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Aquarimate and I really like it. It’s cloud based so I can access via my phone or laptop.

That was what sold me on Aquarium Note. It's also Cloud based and as fast as I go thru phones and tablets that was a must have.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back