What are my clowns after?

hoytoyed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’ve been at this stuff for several days. It doesn’t appear that they’re eating it; it’s almost as if they’re using their snouts to try and push it into the rock. They are constantly after it though. Seems to have a little flow to it like very short tentacles. It can be seen swaying in the video.

Last edited:

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cheezburger - clown fish - I Can Has Cheezburger | Failblog | Memebase |  All In One Juicy Cheezburger - Funny Memes | Funny Pictures - Cheezburger

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
They’ve been at this stuff for several days. It doesn’t appear that they’re eating it; it’s almost as if they’re using their snouts to try and push it into the rock. They are constantly after it though. Seems to have a little flow to it like very short tentacles. It can be seen swaying in the video.
Not seeing any pics or video but may be spinoid worm

TheDuude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup. Eggs. Mine lay them every 2 to 3 weeks for the last 8 years or so. Typically the male will not leave the eggs alone until they hatch or are eaten. Female gets pretty aggressive during this time as well.

bruno3047

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup. Eggs. Mine lay them every 2 to 3 weeks for the last 8 years or so. Typically the male will not leave the eggs alone until they hatch or are eaten. Female gets pretty aggressive during this time as well.
Where do your clowns lay their eggs? What is the texture of the surface? I just put a large half seashell into the tank and I’m wondering if I should leave it on the rough side up or the smooth side up. Watched a video last night of a guy on YouTube using a ceramic tile.

TheDuude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do your clowns lay their eggs? What is the texture of the surface? I just put a large half seashell into the tank and I’m wondering if I should leave it on the rough side up or the smooth side up. Watched a video last night of a guy on YouTube using a ceramic tile.
Mine have always laid eggs at the base of whatever coral they happen to host. Started as a frog spawn, moved to a gonipora, now they host a big toadstool. Lay eggs right on the stalk of the stool

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back