What are my options in livestock

DAWREEFER

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I'm loving the hobby and I feel that I'm actually getting a grip on handling it. I started my tank in February 2021, so I'm just about a year from cycling. I'm addicted and want the best for my tank. I have a 20g long reef tank with about 14 coral frags, two clownfish, lawnmower blenny, emerald crab, sand-sifting starfish, red cleaner shrimp(just added last week), and a few astral snails and like two hermits. Although I don't know about the hermits, because I just fished out red legs with meat hanging out of it this weekend, I think my emerald crab got a little hungrier than normal. Anyways, I'm looking for one more fish or may other option to add? I've been looking at the purple firefish, but I heard that they will fight with the blenny? What other fish can I add or anything come to mind? Thanks for helping me out

SaltySam09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks pretty well stocked already, I would recommend looking for a bigger tank cause God knows your going to get a bigger one anyway.

SaltySam09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I'm loving the hobby and I feel that I'm actually getting a grip on handling it. I started my tank in February 2021, so I'm just about a year from cycling. I'm addicted and want the best for my tank. I have a 20g long reef tank with about 14 coral frags, two clownfish, lawnmower blenny, emerald crab, sand-sifting starfish, red cleaner shrimp(just added last week), and a few astral snails and like two hermits. Although I don't know about the hermits, because I just fished out red legs with meat hanging out of it this weekend, I think my emerald crab got a little hungrier than normal. Anyways, I'm looking for one more fish or may other option to add? I've been looking at the purple firefish, but I heard that they will fight with the blenny? What other fish can I add or anything come to mind? Thanks for helping me out
But If you want to add something else I would recommend a cardinal fish. They don’t get to large and are pretty cool fish in general.

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

You’re done. Sit back and relax!

You don’t want to chase Nitrates. I’ve had overstocked tanks before and everything lived, everything was fine, but chasing Nitrates made it no fun.

Super Fly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
u can try 1 green chromis, love the color but they can be pigs that annoy others by eating everyone's food. Other than that they are harmless and swim around constantly, best of all not expensive fish.

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is a year old so its well established. Seed it with some pods and get a Mandarinfish Dragonet.

I have a captive bread one and he east mysis shrimp just fine. If you get captive bread one I would still seed the tank with copepods

OP
OP
DAWREEFER

DAWREEFER

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is a year old so its well established. Seed it with some pods and get a Mandarinfish Dragonet.

I have a captive bread one and he east mysis shrimp just fine. If you get captive bread one I would still seed the tank with copepods
That's my like dream fish and the main reason why I got into this hobby... will the Dragonet and Blenny fight though?

And what do you suggest the type of pods I dose with... I have a three chamber filtration So I think they'll have safe haven to breed.

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's my like dream fish and the main reason why I got into this hobby... will the Dragonet and Blenny fight though?

And what do you suggest the type of pods I dose with... I have a three chamber filtration So I think they'll have safe haven to breed.
I don't think they will bother each other. Mandarin fish are very docile. Lawn mower blennys can become aggressive.
I used Algae Barn Seeder and Tisbee pods. I got a captive bred Mandarin and it eats anything now.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back