What are some of the challenges of reefing with a cube and what have you done to solve these issues?

What are some of the challenges of reefing with a cube and what have you done to solve these issues?

• Swimming space for fish

Votes: 86 45.3%
  • Smaller front viewing panel

Votes: 27 14.2%
  • Adding space between corals

Votes: 66 34.7%
  • Flow pattern

Votes: 112 58.9%
  • Other

Votes: 15 7.9%

• Total voters

greefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Cube tanks can be amazing, but they are not without their challenges. Whether it is figuring out lighting, flow, aquascaping, or other elements of keeping a reef in a cube, let us know what challenges that you have experienced and what solutions that you have found. If you have kept a cube reef then please share any tips or recommendations. The square footprint comes with a lot of opportunities and a lot of challenges – tell us about your cube reef in the discussion!

KlynnUK_CubeTank.jpeg

Photo by @KlynnUK
Money money money is the biggest challenge with this hobby
It’s the most amazing hobby and has endless possibilities that can keep you learning and growing forever
However everything you buy is very expensive and so many get in and spend 1000s of dollars then don’t succeed and burn out and waste all that time and money. My advice after reefing for 35 plus years. Is think very hard and do a few weeks of reading and learning the nitrogen cycle and how important patience is.
If you don’t have a little extra time to put into and/or can or cannot pay someone to maintain it. I’d not waste the time and money.
but if you obsessed with it like me think twice. But to me it’s the best hobby there is and it’s so rewarding and just special to have your own little eco system and piece of the ocean right in your own home. I love the ocean and everything in it.
so money to me is a challenge legitimize spending that much. My wifey still can’t believe how much I spend. And I make make a very comfortable living and still have a hard time spending what I do.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back