What are some of the prettiest reef safe fish you have in your tank.

Wicky48

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral gobies are nice however it helps to have lots of coral in the tank so they move around alot. If not they cam make a home in one coral and your coral will stay closed up all the time as they sit right in the coral.

Wicky48

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Coral Goby and they are a nice small bright yellow. Take care however to have many coral conies in your tank as they hang out right on the coral and this can make them close up. Having lors of coral they will move around frequently.

CanadianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some of my favourites:

Midas blenny (almost looks eel like when it' swimming and lots of personality)

Blue spot jawfish (awesome colors and funny personality but will jump so you need a cover of some sort)

Magma/orangeback/yellow coris wrasse - not much personality but the colors are very vivid

Pacific striped hogfish - really stands out with his bold stripe pattern

Kmsutows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd also suggest getting all females for the anthias and let them sort out who will become male. It doesn't take very long and will have better harmony in the group than adding a male.

Moo76

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second the royal gramma, great fish with personality.
Also have a tank bred orchid dottyback - peaceful and beautiful

Clifton David

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my 125 mixed reef, I got a copper band butterfly, green bird wrasse , and freckled hawk fish, midnight clown fish, diamond goby( forgot about alot but a good worker fish), and a lamarak angel..a good set up, reds green, dark blue, yellows...they all got a place and a job..ever one generally gets along I need restock my crabs about every 2 months cuase if the bird wrasse but people always forget about restocking there c.u.crew anyways usually...

lake985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also second the blue spotted jawfish! Their iridescent blue spots sparkle under any lights and they are full of personality. A cover is a must--I learned the hard way :(

Last edited:

a6walter1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a few dwarf angels that are really attractive (Potters, Coral Beauty, Flame). I have had a Clown Trigger in my frag tank for a few months now and he hasnt bothered any corals, although he does like to eat inverts, but he is absolutely the coolest fish I own. The last one that I think is very cool is the Copperband Butterfly, although they are tough to get eating frozen food, if you can find one that does eat well, they are a great addition to the tank.

LoneStarReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Timor wrasse! She’s all over the tank. However I think she has picked off a few snails..,,

9EC51424-1A97-42C9-B9B9-AC92411E6E94.jpeg

573037F3-36B6-4B8D-BE0B-36954CA360C4.jpeg

Sipec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tailspot blenny: has great personality, likes ducking in and out of holes in the rocks and coral, mines not aggressive unless provoked. They constantly change color which is pretty cool. Mine eats green algae off the back of the tank. I’d say a minimum of 15 gallons for a tank. All in all a great fish.
F3948DAB-8F0F-404C-943C-4F9F64EC36BF.jpeg

Back