What are some of your favorite movies/TV shows?

Santa Claus

View Badges
Reaction score
I know a lot of you seriously fanboy or fangirl over different movies/movie franchises (I'm looking at you Marvel, Star Wars, and Star Trek nerds) and TV shows. Well, tell us about them! Which ones do you love and why? (Pssst...in case you haven't thought of it yet, here's another good thread for you Secret Santas to watch...) #R2RSecretSanta

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I know a lot of you seriously fanboy or fangirl over different movies/movie franchises (I'm looking at you Marvel, Star Wars, and Star Trek nerds) and TV shows. Well, tell us about them! Which ones do you love and why? (Pssst...in case you haven't thought of it yet, here's another good thread for you Secret Santas to watch...) #R2RSecretSanta
If you see me do not get me anything, for starters... secondly, IP man is ;Punch sick bro, and I highly recommend Cobra Kai on Netflix.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Loved Sherlock. Antiques Roadshow. Great British Baking Show. Finding Your Roots (um yeah PBS junkie) Binging NCIS on Netflix now. Never watched it when it was on cable. Anything in the Documentary Docuseries grouping aka Anything Steve Burns. I love learning new things.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Since you ask about Sci-Fi shows, IMHO the list of the Best would be:

Older Shows:
1) The 2005 Re imagined version of Battlestar Galactica
2) Star Trek DS9, then STNG.
3) Babylon 5 (Effects are dated now)
4) Fire Fly
5) Terminator The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Current Shows
1) The Expanse
2) See (2019)
3) Star Trek Discovery
4) Altered Carbon
5) The Witcher
6) Killjoys
7) Locke & Key

Non SciFi Shows,
Breaking Bad
Messiah
Peaky Blinders
The Last Kingdom
Cobra Kai
Ozark
Knightfall
The Son
Travelers

Happy Viewing and if you have not seen Messiah or Peaky Blinders yet, I suggest you watch them.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
I absolutely love Agents of Shield and think it's very underrated. It's a big budget Firefly for Marvel nerds.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I absolutely love Agents of Shield and think it's very underrated. It's a big budget Firefly for Marvel nerds.
Yeah Agents of Shield was pretty good at the start but then they kind of ran out of material and things kind of became a mixed bag. The Expanse is probably the most well thought out show in just about every area. There are very few Scientific things about space travel in the show that are not accurate and are probably within our grasp given the time frame. If I was going to bet on what space travel for us might be like in a couple of hundred years it hits most of the marks. The first half of the first season was tough to watch but the character building made it worth while. I Can't wait for more as I think they have only used up three of James Corey's eight novels so far.

Messiah had our whole family riveted from the first minute until the last. I can't wait for season 2.
Anyone who watches the first episode will be hooked! And if your worried that it's some kind of religious family show, it is not.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
AoS is one of my all-time favorite shows! I'm also a LoTR, Star Wars, and Marvel fan. Also been watching horror shows lately...Haunting of Hill House was really good IMHO.

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Anything dumb like Spaceballs, Airplane!, Monty Python, the princess bride, the naked gun, etc. I also love Disney movies particularly Tim Burton stuff and Moana. Currently my TV shows are Friends, Parks and Rec, The Office, anything to do with medicine (House, Animal Planet, Nat Geo, Botched, Untold Stories of the ER, etc), and of course Star Wars!

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Since it’s almost Christmas I love rewatching my favorite Christmas movie, Die Hard!

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Just finished binge-watching Ted Lasso on Apple TV+. It was really good...funny, intellectual, emotional, plot twists, just really well written, acted, and great characters.

Evan28395950

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I loved watching ABC comedy night on Wednesdays, but haven’t tuned in for awhile. Also dumb and dumber, James Bond.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 37.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back