What are the “Medium” sized angelfish?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so, From what I’ve seen, Genicanthus, Paracentropyge and Centropyge are all classed as dwarf angels. And if most of the Pomacanthus, Holacanthus, most Apolemychthys are all “Large” angels, what is a medium sized angelfish?

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who classified genicanthus as dwarf?
Everywhere I’ve read about these fish says they fall under the category of “Dwarf” I have questioned it but my submale seems to not be growing bigger than 4.5 inch but that may be due to them being slow growers?

Coralsdaily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Traditionally I have only seen centropyge angels classified as dwarf. I dont think it’s the best to classify them by size anyways because I have seen some very fat centropyge angels rivals the sixe of a regal, which is usually labeled “medium-large”.
pomacanthus can get really huge in the wild, and there are some in between like the majestic that doesnt wuite get as large, but still larger than most other home aquarium fish

Captain Redbeard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If by “medium” you mean under 10” max size or roughly there of

Bandit
Poma
Regal
Lamarck
Singapore
Xanthus
Flagfin
Goldflake
Bellus
Griffis

etc

most of the genicanthus to me are “medium” angels as well as apolemichthys.

Centropyge would be “dwarf”, with some exceptions growing rather larger like the keyhole angel etc. but still small by comparison to “large” pomacanthus or holacanthus.
paracentropyge still dwarf

Anemone_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that any angelfish that grows to be less than six inches long is a dwarf angel, 6-10 inches is a medium angelfish (tibicen, goldflake, and regal angelfish come to mind), and anything larger than 10 inches is a large angelfish.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back