What are the AB+ settings for AI PRIME 16HD?

onlytoby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the AB+ settings for AI PRIME 16HD?

I've heard a lot online about it, but can't seem to find them

Duffer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go to the Facebook group page there are a ton of files there and they have the one you are looking for

OP
OP
O

onlytoby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed that BRS have recommended two different lighting schedules, one was their own settings from one of their condensed guides for new reefers and the other from a forum member getting the AB+ settings for a prime.

Which would you use? What is the benefit of AB+ and why do people praise it so highly?

I scaled both settings down to 35% to suit my tank and the AB+ has less power on all front with the exception of UV and Violet.

BRS Recommended (with some small exceptions on green, red & white being a bit lower)

UV58.1
VIOLET58.1
ROYAL BLUE43.75
BLUE43.75
GREEN3.5
DEEP RED3.5
COOL WHITE22.75

OR

AB+ Settings

UV58.45
VIOLET58.45
ROYAL BLUE27.65
BLUE28
GREEN1.4
DEEP RED1.4
COOL WHITE6.65

Duffer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I like the ab+ settings,less whites and more blue. For some reason my corals do not like a lot of whites…I modified my ab setting to have zero reds and greens and 9% whites

AirIck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could someone please help me with this as well? I’m confused by the BRS video for AB+ for a 20G.
They showed a chart with numbers then said 70% intensity (if I recall correctly). How does this exactly work? Are the numbers what I need to put or is it 70% of those numbers? I saw on the AI fb page that lots of people claim this setting to be too high and burns the lenses as well so I’m concerned I’m going to mess this up!

OP
OP
O

onlytoby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could someone please help me with this as well? I’m confused by the BRS video for AB+ for a 20G.
They showed a chart with numbers then said 70% intensity (if I recall correctly). How does this exactly work? Are the numbers what I need to put or is it 70% of those numbers? I saw on the AI fb page that lots of people claim this setting to be too high and burns the lenses as well so I’m concerned I’m going to mess this up!

So their 100% is the standard numbers, 70% is 70% intensity of the 100%, 25% is one quarter of the 100% numbers

08TRDOFFROAD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to bump an old thread. What numbers would you recommend for AB+ for a 29 gal OG Biocube?

I don't have FB, so I don't have access to those groups.

Salty_Northerner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to bump an old thread. What numbers would you recommend for AB+ for a 29 gal OG Biocube?

I don't have FB, so I don't have access to those groups.
Google world wide corals lighting schedule and they have an AI section. Pick a few and scale them up or down and pick one that looks good to you and leave it.

08TRDOFFROAD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Google world wide corals lighting schedule and they have an AI section. Pick a few and scale them up or down and pick one that looks good to you and leave it.
I was able to find a file for a hybrid of the AB+ and Saxby schedule that I am running to see how things respond.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back