What are the brightest zoa strains under blues?

Dinodanger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Creating a zoa garden and the orange bam bams out shine all the rest in terms of fluorescents, which other “branded” zoas will glow just as bright ideally looking for 5 different types

sixline

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Utter Chaos are pretty bright under blues.

I also have two different types of Rastas. One type is larger and looks like the Rastas everyone posts on here. The other ones are tiny and super bright.

Fakegolfnews

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brightest in my tank are the speckled kraks, bowsers, Illuminati's, gobstoppers and rastas. But by far the brightest are my Spitfire zoas.

Rastas are by far the best bang for our buck. They are cheap and grow like absolute weeds. You can get one for $10 probably or get a nice colony for $30 on here.

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely utter chaos, the stuff burns your eyes if you stare too long. Scrambled eggs and rainbow infusions glow pretty good too.

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some options for you :)
3FA6CED6-9F21-46BC-AE2B-FC0C2E581932.jpeg
47EF4187-88A8-4D5D-B6A8-669299926001.jpeg
693CB9C1-5B08-4743-B988-1F7D6808C51F.jpeg

Baldguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any additions? Where do oompa loompa's fit in? I'm getting mandarin oranges and oompa's, would like a few others. Are GMK's about the brightest? Open to suggestions.

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any additions? Where do oompa loompa's fit in? I'm getting mandarin oranges and oompa's, would like a few others. Are GMK's about the brightest? Open to suggestions.
Electric Oompas are VERY bright, as are mandarin Oranges. I’d say scrambled eggs are more bright than mandarins and lunar eclipse are the same shade of orange as the oompas but the purple skirt makes them look less bright. Utter Chaos is pretty unbeatable as far as brightness goes but anything yellow/, orange, highlighter, lime green, white, or pink will probably glow the brightest just through color theory :). If you’re looking for a very in-your-face zoa garden I would stay away from purple, blue, non-metallic/shiny red, dark green, and black.

Look for white walkers, pikachu, Gobstoppers, Sopranos, super sunflowers, white zombies, any of the agaves, Rasta, campfire, etc.

If you want to be able to stare at it for more than 10 seconds without feeling like you just looked at the sun, try adding some of these to the mix. They’re easier on the eyes but still have that pop of super glowy brightness. Exosphere, queen Strat, darth maul, gold maul, any of the Hornets, rainbow infusions, sunny D, lunar eclipse, nightmare, blueberry pie, hyper jubilee, etc are good choices to add some contrast.

I tried to include a wide price range for zoas, and I have kept 90% of the ones listed so I can personally vouch for their brightness. Not everyone can afford a GMK, but everyone should be able to make an amazing zoa garden if they want to!

Baldguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Electric Oompas are VERY bright, as are mandarin Oranges. I’d say scrambled eggs are more bright than mandarins and lunar eclipse are the same shade of orange as the oompas but the purple skirt makes them look less bright. Utter Chaos is pretty unbeatable as far as brightness goes but anything yellow/, orange, highlighter, lime green, white, or pink will probably glow the brightest just through color theory :). If you’re looking for a very in-your-face zoa garden I would stay away from purple, blue, non-metallic/shiny red, dark green, and black.

Look for white walkers, pikachu, Gobstoppers, Sopranos, super sunflowers, white zombies, any of the agaves, Rasta, campfire, etc.

If you want to be able to stare at it for more than 10 seconds without feeling like you just looked at the sun, try adding some of these to the mix. They’re easier on the eyes but still have that pop of super glowy brightness. Exosphere, queen Strat, darth maul, gold maul, any of the Hornets, rainbow infusions, sunny D, lunar eclipse, nightmare, blueberry pie, hyper jubilee, etc are good choices to add some contrast.

I tried to include a wide price range for zoas, and I have kept 90% of the ones listed so I can personally vouch for their brightness. Not everyone can afford a GMK, but everyone should be able to make an amazing zoa garden if they want to!
Thank you footgal!! That was just what I needed all in one post. I run across Electric Oompa Loompa's as well as Just Oompa Loompa's fairly often. Same thing?

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the electric is left out sometimes when people sell, they should be the same thing. Some people call green zoas with an orange skirt Oompa Loompa even if they’re not as bright as the real stuff. It should look something like this
99A56E49-DD37-4873-935A-9ED73AECCB86.jpeg

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 128 59.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 37 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.3%
Back