What are the channel settings for Coral Lab SPS AB+ on Gen4 Radions?

Brett S

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve been running Gen3 Radions over my tank for several years now. I have three XR30W Pro’s over the 220G display tank and one XR15W Pro over my little 20G frag tank. I don’t use the eco link, but rather control the lights with my Apex using the WXM module.

The Coral Lab testing that created their SPS AB+ spectrum was done with Gen3 Radions and the original white paper showed the individual channel settings for a Gen3 Radion to get the SPS AB+ spectrum. (UB, B, an RB at 100% and W, G, and R at 24%). This was easy enough to program into my Apex and that’s how I have been running my lights for the last few years.

Unfortunately the XR15 over my frag tank failed and I sent it back to Ecotech in the hopes of getting it repaired, but apparently it is not repairable and they offered me a Gen4 XR15w Pro at a discount to replace it.

The new light will be coming in a few days, but now I need to figure out what channel settings to use on it in for the SPS AB+ spectrum. It looks like the eco link offers an SPS AB+ option for the Gen4 lights, but like I said, I’m not using the eco link, so that doesn’t help me much.

I searched around online and I couldn’t find anything that showed the individual channel settings for a Gen4 light for SPS AB+. Does anyone have those? If you set up a Gen4 light with SPS AB+ on the eco link does it show you how the individual channels are configured?

Thanks much,
Brett

TheGreatWave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can just plug the new light into your computer and program the AB+ and time schedule.
It involves singing up to ecotech to bring up the page, but it works pretty good for the most part.

In hindsight that isn't quite what you asked, but it will get you lit up. I don't know anything with regards to APEX moduals etc. but this will wok if you just want to plug the light into an outlet or look at the sliders online. (Light settings)

OP
OP
B

Brett S

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can just plug the new light into your computer and program the AB+ and time schedule.
It involves singing up to ecotech to bring up the page, but it works pretty good for the most part.

In hindsight that isn't quite what you asked, but it will get you lit up. I don't know anything with regards to APEX moduals etc. but this will wok if you just want to plug the light into an outlet or look at the sliders online. (Light settings)

Yeah, that’s not really what I was looking for, but it might still help me. If I do set up the light for AB+ will it show what levels the individual channels are at?

With the apex I can replicate easily replicate the program if I have that information.

Thanks for the reply:)

TheGreatWave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes that's what I meant you can at least see the AB+ settings or try some other ones then note the settings. Looks like @TheLost has you covered, I was too lazy to plug the laptop into the light myself.

tqpolo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's the same thing for G4. Cool white, warm white, green, and red at 24%. Everything else blue/violet at 100%.

PhilT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New wxm user... So it’s the same spectrum for the whole time period? How do you decide the intensities throughout the day?

Nejj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back