What Are the HOT Corals on the Market Right Now?

The Hottest/Most Desired corals currently on the market?

• NPS (Non photosynthetic corals)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Let us know below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ryde

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the HOT corals on the market that everyone is currently after? Have a personal favorite coral right now? Share that too! Burn my eyes, I want see lots of pictures!

Fox Tv Fire GIF by Bob's Burgers

damsels are not mean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything that can't be fragged that people who like to just collect as many colors as possible can display in a blue tank to show off.

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Various brown and greenish TORCHES.

I personally don't get it
Bc they're brown
Bc they're green
I might puke

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Acantho's are Heating up!
Of course they are if they are possibly not going to be collected or severely limited. We had a local vendor put one up for $5k recently. I didn't even think it was all that great, nearly choked when he said the price. I guess I will never get one.

damsels are not mean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course they are if they are possibly not going to be collected or severely limited. We had a local vendor put one up for $5k recently. I didn't even think it was all that great, nearly choked when he said the price. I guess I will never get one.
Seems to me somebody is going to be putting out captive bread acanthos and similar single polyp unfraggables. There's just too much money in the market not to have a hundred people working on it

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems to me somebody is going to be putting out captive bread acanthos and similar single polyp unfraggables. There's just too much money in the market not to have a hundred people working on it
You would think. But if growth is really slow they will stay out of my price range.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats todays hottness, will be tomorrow's cold.

Trends in the hobby tend to come. and go. Heck 5 to 7 years ago you could buy just about any euphyllia for about 5$ a head. They were considered many to be the "weeds" of the coral world.

Since indo got shut down, their price skyrocketed. It's starting to moderate some, but they still demand a stupid price.

Starting to see the trend to goniporas. Their price has shot up significantly in the last few months.

Corals tend to cycle through hottness. When I first got back in about 10 years ago, all the rage was acans. You could find many acans demanding several hundred dollars for a single polyp. They obviously have calmed down now, but are starting to jump in price again.

Most zoas could have been had for 5 to 10$ a polyp, now you see 20 to 50$ per polyp.

Trends are just that, trends. They come and go.

Only thing I have ever seen stay about the same in price is sticks. They demand a high price, and tend to stay high. Some of the new hottness comes down in price, but they still demand a pretty penny.

OP
OP
Ryde

Ryde

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats todays hottness, will be tomorrow's cold.

Trends in the hobby tend to come. and go. Heck 5 to 7 years ago you could buy just about any euphyllia for about 5$ a head. They were considered many to be the "weeds" of the coral world.

Since indo got shut down, their price skyrocketed. It's starting to moderate some, but they still demand a stupid price.

Starting to see the trend to goniporas. Their price has shot up significantly in the last few months.

Corals tend to cycle through hottness. When I first got back in about 10 years ago, all the rage was acans. You could find many acans demanding several hundred dollars for a single polyp. They obviously have calmed down now, but are starting to jump in price again.

Most zoas could have been had for 5 to 10$ a polyp, now you see 20 to 50$ per polyp.

Trends are just that, trends. They come and go.

Only thing I have ever seen stay about the same in price is sticks. They demand a high price, and tend to stay high. Some of the new hottness comes down in price, but they still demand a pretty penny.
It's definitely always changing.

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once I found out that bounce shrooms were just a genetic mutation I have steered away from them all together. Im not into shrooms anyway. With "named" sticks I can't tell alot of difference between many of them and their lower priced counterparts. Anyone other than you looking at your tank couldn't tell if you paid $20 or $200 for it nor would they care.I only pay what I feel comfortable with paying for something that catches my eye. I honestly don't think I've ever bought a coral from a local vendor. Way overpriced. A couple months ago I picked up a green goni colony when opened is about 8" to 9" inches across for $60 from an online vendor. Locally I've seen them over $300 easy and one vendor has a red one he thinks is worth 4k..lol

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back