What are the HOTTEST Corals on the Market Right Now (July 2022) according to Reef2Reef?

What's your CURRENT most favorite type of coral?

• SPS

Votes: 248 35.0%
  • LPS

Votes: 266 37.5%
  • Soft

Votes: 70 9.9%
  • Zoanthids

Votes: 77 10.9%
  • Mushrooms

Votes: 37 5.2%
  • NPS

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 1.0%

• Total voters

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tastes change, people changes, markets change, coral desire changes! So what is the hottest corals on the market right now? What's everyone looking for? Let's talk about it!

What do you think are the most popular corals on the market right now?

What everyone else wants aside, what are YOUR favorite corals right now?

image via @SBB Corals
D_RDcPKw.jpeg

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can't afford the hottest Acros on the market (Jawdropper, etc.), so I don't follow those too closely.

For me, pretty much anything Acropora. None of the crazy expensive frags though. IMO, that's a waste of money. Once they are out for a while, there will be more and more frags circulating and the prices will fall.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in love with softies in my 4’ tank at the minute. If I had been told that Softies were some of the best corals for a final reef I wouldn’t have believed them. But dang, my 4’ tank is currently only LPS and Softies with one SPS.
Here’s the majority of my Softies in my 4’ tank. There’s only about 4 LPS however they don’t clash with the softies and instead they just add to the affect of what appears to look like a Caribbean reef (Which isn’t really what I was after - I was after the look of an Indonesian reef). I’m aware mushrooms aren’t softies however I think they really add to the affect of a softie heavy reef.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Here’s the majority of LPS in the tank, not as great however as I said they do work really well with softies.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

However, in my nano my top coral is definitely SPS. I figured I had a tank that was heavy with softies/LPS so I wanted to have a tank that was more of the sticks. I do plan to add sticks to my 4’ tank however I hope the softies help the sticks appear more natural.

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hot? I’d say torches and Gonis and select SPS( I don’t really follow this one too much).

Most expensive, but not hit because they usually sit for a bit is meat corals and select scolys (seeing $4-$6k for “fancier” named ones)

design.maddie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What species is that? It’s stunning
It was sold to me by Salty Underground as Green Shaggy Leptoseris. The general consensus from people I have shown is that it is actually a Pavona. I'm not enough of an expert to say one way or the other.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favourite coral has always been plating montipora which have a small red and green frag that bought few months ago and didn't think one would sting the other but the red one has grown over the base off the green one where they meet as bought on same frag plug,and at night I see where they meet stringy things so guessing stinging each other.pics of my 2 very small monti frags,like 2.5 -2 inches for green and 2-1.5 inches for red,green is growing more outwards and red has overgrown 1/2 inch of bottom off green but not grown outwards but way positioned green getting more light on top off polpys than red.

Next favourite would be torches and euphylia but tried 3 torches several months ago and longest was 3 months till dead,so maybe young tank,pest or something not right but waiting till try another.

And nice colourful zoa gardens always do it for me ^_^
Pic of one off my small zoa frags that getting strangled by coraline algae lol,think time to buy another tuxedo urchin as these zoas did grow a few new heads when had at bottom off tank but as moved higher and tuxedo urchins died whilst on holiday and coraline algae really took off,now lost a few heads as coraline literally strangling and growing around and above them lol
Even on a dead sps frag the coraline growing so left it in just for effect ^_^

20220722_175455.jpg 20220722_175531.jpg 20220722_175702.jpg 20220722_175656.jpg 20220722_175717.jpg 20220722_175725.jpg

Last edited:

Wasabiroot

FW Convert and now Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was sold to me by Salty Underground as Green Shaggy Leptoseris. The general consensus from people I have shown is that it is actually a Pavona. I'm not enough of an expert to say one way or the other.
If it makes you feel better, taxonomically, it's likely they are going to be put into the same genus one day

Back