What are the ingredients in EasyReefs EasySPS? WE'LL TELL YOU!

[email protected]

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
At CoralVue, we like to feed our SPS corals with EasyReefs EasySPS.

What's in it, you ask?

GOOD STUFF, THAT'S WHAT! :D

Here's what's inside:

Palaemon varians, which is a Shrimp rich in glutamine, amino acids and proteins that trigger a quick feeding response.

Tetraselmis chuii is a phytoplankton string packed with natural antioxidants, Vitamin C, E, B12 and rich in EPA and ARA essential fatty acids.

Phaeodactylum tricornutum is a phytoplankton packed with beta-glucans that stimulate the immune system. It also has a very high content of EPA essential fatty acids.

Isochrysis galbana (also known as T-ISO) is a type of phytoplankton that is Very rich in DHA essential fatty acid and micronutrients critical to the very complex metabolic process.

Sardine oil which gives EasySPS that smooth, silky texture and finally, Tocopherol, extracted from rosemary, which is an antioxidant and acts as a stabilizer of essential fatty acids.

Unlike most corals foods out there, EasyReefs makes no secret as to what makes up EasySPS. It is comprised of:
  • 50% proteins that include essential amino acids which are key for corals growth and development of coral tissue.
  • 6% in fatty acids which are naturally present in the 3 different phytoplankton strings included: Phaeodactylum tricornutum, Isochrysis galbana and Tetraselmis chui.
  • Finally, it is 18% carbohydrates.

^ This is a link to a blog post. You should click it!

#EasyReefs

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

View Badges
Reaction score
Is there something like EasySPS for a mixed reef?
There is also an LPS formulation, so you could certainly mix the two to feed to your mixed reef!

doodledreads

View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks Jeff, I already am a big fan of the Masstick and have been wanting to try their other products.

Where can I buy these? Is there an online store that has all these products? I don't see an option to buy on coralvue.

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks Jeff, I already am a big fan of the Masstick and have been wanting to try their other products.

Where can I buy these? Is there an online store that has all these products? I don't see an option to buy on coralvue.
@Premiumaq has EasySPS and EasySPS in stock:

We usually do not sell direct to consumer (our customers are stores, maintenance professionals, public aquariums, etc.) but if there is something you want from EasyReefs that you don't see available at a store we may be able to make an exception. Just let me know!

As a user of Masstick, you will be pleased to hear that Easy Masstick will be available soon which does not require any preparation!

easymasstick.png

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

View Badges
Reaction score
Get out of here!!!:eek:
This is one I've been dying to try since I saw it at MACNA. Some of our employees and beta testers have already gotten to try it... but I'm sittin' here still "wishin' and hopin' and thinkin' and prayin'." lol

doodledreads

View Badges
Reaction score
This is one I've been dying to try since I saw it at MACNA. Some of our employees and beta testers have already gotten to try it... but I'm sittin' here still "wishin' and hopin' and thinkin' and prayin'." lol
The only thing I dont like about the mastick is mixing it and how my dogs and cats follow me around trying to lick my stinky fingers after I mix it.

This would be awesome! I usually add some roids and phyto to my mix, but I can live with out it.

CarolinaCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
I’ve been using EasySPS for 10 days (3ml/ day for 100 gallon aquarium) and have not noticed any improvements. And yes, I know it’s early. What I have noticed is that in those ten days I my Alk went from 8.2 to 8.7, Ca+ 475 to 535, Mag 1295 to 1335, with no changes to element dosing. Anyone have this issue? It’s almost like it’s retarding skeletal growth.

Arricefe

View Badges
Reaction score
I’ve been using EasySPS for 10 days (3ml/ day for 100 gallon aquarium) and have not noticed any improvements. And yes, I know it’s early. What I have noticed is that in those ten days I my Alk went from 8.2 to 8.7, Ca+ 475 to 535, Mag 1295 to 1335, with no changes to element dosing. Anyone have this issue? It’s almost like it’s retarding skeletal growth.
So you're thinking consumption is down because the coral are reacting to the food and stopped growing?

CarolinaCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
So you're thinking consumption is down because the coral are reacting to the food and stopped growing?
I think it’s very possible. I don’t know what else could be the issue. I have done nothing else different to the tank. One other person I know is having the same issue. Wondering if others have had similar issue.

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

View Badges
Reaction score
I think it’s very possible. I don’t know what else could be the issue. I have done nothing else different to the tank. One other person I know is having the same issue. Wondering if others have had similar issue.
I have read many threads on R2R where hobbyists report their corals have stopped uptaking calcium and alkalinity (sample). They are not specific to EasyReefs or EasySPS EVO, but I think you may get some ideas of what could be going on. I had better luck finding similar topics by Googling keyword phrases such as "reef2reef corals stop uptake" (vs. using R2R advanced site search). I'll let @Pablo Easyreefs and @Luis Easyreefs answer this one because I bet they know what's up!

Last edited:

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
That's super odd. Any other recent changes in the tank?

CarolinaCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
That's super odd. Any other recent changes in the tank?
No other changes. No additional fish, dosing changes, lighting changes, etc... I have added a few other sticks, but one would assume that would create more alk uptake. I did find an article about one of the ingredients that could possibly stop growth if dosed in excess. I’ve cut the dosing to 1 ml/day (100gal to water volume) to see what happens. I’ve put the link to article.

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
No other changes. No additional fish, dosing changes, lighting changes, etc... I have added a few other sticks, but one would assume that would create more alk uptake. I did find an article about one of the ingredients that could possibly stop growth if dosed in excess. I’ve cut the dosing to 1 ml/day (100gal to water volume) to see what happens. I’ve put the link to article.

Interesting. It's never a bad idea to cut back a bit and slowly introduce it back into your system.

I've had overall success with EasyBooster and EasySPS. I think I've been using EasyBooster for over a year and a half now, and EasySPS Evo since it's been available in the US in gel form.

Here's an updated growth of my Acropora from Feb to May 2020 (3 months growth)
Millepora 2-18-2020.JPG
Millepora 5-15-2020.JPG

Blue Bonnet 2-18-2020.JPG
Blue Bonnet 5-15-2020.JPG

Pink Floyd 2-18-2020.JPG
Pink Floyd 5-15-2020.JPG

Pink Lemonade 2-18-2020.JPG
Pink Lemonade 5-15-2020.JPG

Here's a series of another Acropora from March to May 2020 (2 months growth)
Something Sinister 3-18-2020.JPG
Something Sinister 5-15-2020.JPG

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

View Badges
Reaction score
Interesting. It's never a bad idea to cut back a bit and slowly introduce it back into your system.

I've had overall success with EasyBooster and EasySPS. I think I've been using EasyBooster for over a year and a half now, and EasySPS Evo since it's been available in the US in gel form.

Here's an updated growth of my Acropora from Feb to May 2020 (3 months growth)
Millepora 2-18-2020.JPG
Millepora 5-15-2020.JPG

Blue Bonnet 2-18-2020.JPG
Blue Bonnet 5-15-2020.JPG

Pink Floyd 2-18-2020.JPG
Pink Floyd 5-15-2020.JPG

Pink Lemonade 2-18-2020.JPG
Pink Lemonade 5-15-2020.JPG

Here's a series of another Acropora from March to May 2020 (2 months growth)
Something Sinister 3-18-2020.JPG
Something Sinister 5-15-2020.JPG
I remember seeing some of those before! BTW, the interview we did with Luis (the one where you asked a question) still hasn't been published. We migrated all of our blog content from Wordpress to Magento to use their blog and we're unhappy with it. So now we're going to probably move it back to Wordpress and use extensions to accomplish the Magento things we wanted to do. So it will see the light of day, eventually! We formatted 25 posts with the new blog and decided it's not efficient for us and not user-friendly enough for visitors. I just didn't want you to think it disappeared into the ether.

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
I remember seeing some of those before! BTW, the interview we did with Luis (the one where you asked a question) still hasn't been published. We migrated all of our blog content from Wordpress to Magento to use their blog and we're unhappy with it. So now we're going to probably move it back to Wordpress and use extensions to accomplish the Magento things we wanted to do. So it will see the light of day, eventually! We formatted 25 posts with the new blog and decided it's not efficient for us and not user-friendly enough for visitors. I just didn't want you to think it disappeared into the ether.
Awesome! Looking forward to reading that interview. After watching the live-interview, with Luis, I've swapped my EasySPS from dosing at 1 hour after lights out and 1 hour before lights on to every 3 hours at night. I've swapped EasyBooster to every 3 hours throughout the day and night as well.

I never notice how much my acropora have grown until I take the time to look back at older pictures. Been documenting pictures weekly for those 5 particular coral since February of this year.

When you feed your fish do you feel like your feeding the algae as well?

• Yes I feel I'm feeding too much

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Yes but not much

Votes: 42 45.7%
  • No

Votes: 31 33.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors