What are the top 5 laziest things you've done in the hobby?

stanlalee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got to thinking after rectifying my #1 laziest thing recently and realized when I turn focus into other hobbies I am prone to do A LOT half steppin and having to catch myself before things go down hill. Here's my top 5, what are yours?

5. (and most common) feed dry food instead of frozen.
4. Skipping manual dosing (I use polyp lab one, has to be shaken/manually dosed). This is super lazy as it takes 2 minutes out my life tops. Luckily I've never skipped more than a day or had any immediate effects.
3. Skipped water change interval cause I didn't want to mix salt (I have an RODI, two buckets of salt, small tanks and dedicated container for it).
2. No water testing. When I'm into it I have tested phosphates DAILY for weeks straight.
1. The most ridiculous thing I've ever done- unplugged my skimmer for like 2 weeks because I didn't want to take it out and clean it after noticing obvious grime related poor performance.

I can think of at least 3 more honorable mentions that didn't make the cut.

Patman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a mixer so I don't have to stir the vial while adding drops on my aquaforest kits.

Attachments

• 20210603_202735.jpg
    20210603_202735.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 37

stewie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1.) Not researching fish before buying
2.) Not doing water changes
3.) Not properly measuring additives according to tank size
4.) Not purchasing proper equipment
5.) Not Adding enough sand and live rock

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cleaning the glass.

Turning off the AWC system because I’m too lazy to turn on the solenoids and the booster pump and go dump a predetermined amount of salt in a large container. I can do all of those things remotely from my phone (except the salt).

Sometimes when my return pump kicks back on from maintenance it gets a snail shell stuck in it. I’ll sit in the living room and turn the pump on and off again from my phone until it clears rather than going and clearing it manually.

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
umm.. probably clean out my skimmer cup. I do that far too few in between. Its gross and thick when I finally get to it.

Water changes- I haven't done any in almost 3 years now. Not even to vac out my sump

Pellets over frozen food

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back